There are 233 users in the forums

Question - whats our identity?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
no defense, no running game. We'll be battling for 3rd place in the NFC West.

You should be proud of our improvement and the work we have put into making us a better team.

which does mean its against the law to discuss the still present issues on our team.

Yes. That is my point. Did the italics help make that clear?
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

so it is the same as its always been.
8 wins at best, we are not physical so we will try to run away from people and get cute and fancy with schemes. that works a few times. but sooner or later someone will punch you in the mouth and based upon what we did vs the cowboys when they got physical with us.

Based on what we did in a preseason game? You guys serious? Our schemes aren't cute. Kyle is widely respected for his innovation and is a top offensive mind. Cute is Chip Kelly.

Defensively, our scheme starts with physicality. DBs are to rough up receivers the way Seattle does and the DL is built to be able to shut down the run. Yes we are missing the speed pass rush from the outside and it will cost us at times but it isn't season ruining. Not by itself.

8 wins is not limit for a team that won 6 while losing 5 straight by 3 or less and has made massive improvements in areas (QB, CB ... Etc.). Could we only win 7? Sure. Bad luck, ball bouncing the wrong way, happens in the NFL. But we can also have good luck and win as many as 12.
Originally posted by DaBum:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

so it is the same as its always been.
8 wins at best, we are not physical so we will try to run away from people and get cute and fancy with schemes. that works a few times. but sooner or later someone will punch you in the mouth and based upon what we did vs the cowboys when they got physical with us.

Based on what we did in a preseason game? You guys serious? Our schemes aren't cute. Kyle is widely respected for his innovation and is a top offensive mind. Cute is Chip Kelly.

Defensively, our scheme starts with physicality. DBs are to rough up receivers the way Seattle does and the DL is built to be able to shut down the run. Yes we are missing the speed pass rush from the outside and it will cost us at times but it isn't season ruining. Not by itself.

8 wins is not limit for a team that won 6 while losing 5 straight by 3 or less and has made massive improvements in areas (QB, CB ... Etc.). Could we only win 7? Sure. Bad luck, ball bouncing the wrong way, happens in the NFL. But we can also have good luck and win as many as 12.

I was a bit surprised by cc's attack on Kyle's WCO.

I am sticking with 11-5.
  • thl408
"Cute and fancy with schemes", one of your better posts for sure.
Jimmy Garapollo.

Without him we'd be coming off a 1-15 season.
Sour Dough!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Jimmy Garapollo.

Without him we'd be coming off a 1-15 season.

with Saquon Barkley in the backfield
We go out....and hit em in the mouth.
Give them a few seasons to gain an identity. Still way too early in the new regime to be expecting one aside from hard working and well coached.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 20, 2018 at 6:49 PM ]
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
We go out....and hit em in the mouth.

We f**k em up, with a P.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 20, 2018 at 6:51 PM ]

Losing.
I believe in our offense with Jimmy G and Kyle. We'll be a high scoring team that can win a lot of games and that's what the NFL wants. However, I miss being a tough smash mouth defense and running team. I loved the big hit and grinding an opponent into the ground. That wasn't boring to me.

For some reason, I just haven't warmed up to our new players or system. Maybe that will change as we mature, but for now I'm pretty "meh" about the whole thing. After having Gore for so many years, I feel like our backfield is full of a bunch of weenies.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I believe in our offense with Jimmy G and Kyle. We'll be a high scoring team that can win a lot of games and that's what the NFL wants. However, I miss being a tough smash mouth defense and running team. I loved the big hit and grinding an opponent into the ground. That wasn't boring to me.

For some reason, I just haven't warmed up to our new players or system. Maybe that will change as we mature, but for now I'm pretty "meh" about the whole thing. After having Gore for so many years, I feel like our backfield is full of a bunch of weenies.

It's the Oakland in you
Originally posted by Chazwinnie:

You should be proud of our improvement and the work we have put into making us a better team.

which does mean its against the law to discuss the still present issues on our team.

Yes. That is my point. Did the italics help make that clear?

No way niners will be in third place.. lay of them shrooms!!
Share 49ersWebzone