LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 419 users in the forums

Question - whats our identity?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I was thinking about this recently and kind of came up empty. What is this teams identity?

We will pass the ball a lot. We will have a s**tty running game and a bad defense.

Green Bay Packers 2.0

just hope that we can luck into an SB like Rodgers did.
All gas no brakes.
Kind to opposing QBs- no pass rush.

I hope somehow we don't live up to this because our offense is going to move the chains this year.
Small and fast.

Jimmy G puts it all together.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Jimmy is going to get us out of a lot of trouble, but I think the team is ahead of schedule in the second year of the rebuild. I think we'll be competitive and that's all we can ask for at this juncture of things.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Well with no rbs that can run we are a passing team.
The pass will set up the run.

RB's will have more receiving yards than running yards.

Team will need to scheme and blitz because front four can stop run but not put pressure on.

Stud ILB's, envy of league for the middle

Great coaching and game planning
Originally posted by mayo49:
Jimmy is going to get us out of a lot of trouble, but I think the team is ahead of schedule in the second year of the rebuild. I think we'll be competitive and that's all we can ask for at this juncture of things.

This. Just make sure he has a great o-line and keep trying to make the defense better. Not sure they did big jumps for that this offseason tho. First half of season looks tough. We will find out soon enough.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
no defense, no running game. We'll be battling for 3rd place in the NFC West.
Optimizing WCO + All Gas, No Breaks defense

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by defenderDX:

don't believe me, just watch.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

don't believe me, just watch.

not mocking, just laughing at the savagery bro
This offense reminds me a little of 1981. I remember saying to my buddy "how do the Niners keep getting these guys wide open". Not saying we are that good yet but there are elements of that Walsh short precise passing game. The defense is also similar in that we have a lot of young DB's and some good LB's. The difference is the DB's are not Lott, Wright, Williamson and Hicks. No pass rush to speak of yet so we may need to go out and find one via trade or waivers. In 1981 Walsh went out and traded for Fred Dean: problem solved. Maybe we should go all out for Mack. Run defense and depth look solid but without a pass rush the young DB's and an aging Sherman could be in for a long season.
I dont believe we have an identity now but I think we will morph into a passing team 60/40 or 65/35 pass/run. This will lead to a high # of turnovers and with a defense thats avg at best I see 8-8. Man oh man how will they stop some of the good QBs without a reliable pass rush??
Share 49ersWebzone