1. McKinnon
2. Breida
3. Morris

I hope he does.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Dude looked fresh last year.
29 years old.
Big, hard nosed runner for short yardage situations.
Perfect compliment for the RB's we have.
Might light a fire under someones ass to perform better.
I'll look up his stats from last year, but did anyone here watch some of his games last year? If so, how did he look? Hopefully, he still has some of his abilities - really used to like watching him in the past.

*Edit: Thanks, Chief (just saw your post above).
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Aug 13, 2018 at 12:29 PM ]
I can dig it. We need a bigger back to get that tough yard
He wants a super bowl before he retires
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Maybe he makes the team, maybe he doesn't. But if Shanahan just wanted a camp body he wouldn't have signed a guy who rushed for 4.8 yards/carry last year. He is absolutely a threat to take Williams' spot.
  • dj43
I hope he still has some gas in the tank. He has proven to be the kind of tough runner we need right now. He doesn't fumble and knows the system.

This suggests that the injuries to Breida and McKinnon may be a bit more serious than they have admitted publicly. In that case, Morris becomes insurance to allow them plenty of time to recover.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Maybe he makes the team, maybe he doesn't. But if Shanahan just wanted a camp body he wouldn't have signed a guy who rushed for 4.8 yards/carry last year. He is absolutely a threat to take Williams' spot.

I think the writing is on the wall for Williams
At this point in his career, he's a better version of what we had last year in Hightower.

Shanny
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Wow, I didn't see that coming at all. I don't think Joe Williams will be making this roster.

Not necessarily. Right now we just need palt Rabat the position. Remember most people thought Hightower was a lock for the roster last season but he got cut away. Morris is gonna need to win a spot.

Shanny pretty much said he needs a reliable back. Two backs are injured and one is away on breavement. Williams vs. Morris. Can't wait to see the competition.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
He wants a job before he retires

Fixed
Kyle/Lynch got shaken up after the McKinnon scare. Good. We are thin at RB. I'm not a big fan of Brieda or any of our backups for that matter. The Jet is a small dude and has never started a full year. He'll probably miss a few games due to injury... one of these dudes has to step up

Williams is doneso
Lot of confidence in KS hand pick in Williams
Solid signing.
Share 49ersWebzone