LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Do we need to start blaming the s & c?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we need to start blaming the s & c?

Man, Shanny indirectly tore this thread to shreds at the presser today, LOL.

General manager John Lynch talked in the offseason about doing some research into all of the injuries you guys had last year and see if there were things you could do to prevent that. Is there anything that you can point to, is there any sort of theme with these injuries and could any of them have maybe been prevented or is it all just kind of a freak football--?

"Oh yeah you can go through each one. [TE George] Kittle falling on his arm awkwardly and separating his shoulder, that could be prevented by not having him run the route. Guys getting concussions in games could be prevented from them not tackling people I guess."

What about soft tissue injuries in particular?

"Soft tissue injuries, yeah they can be prevented by having them not doing anything and sit there and just not get hurt and then it will happen in Week 1, to me. It's just part of it. I think we are pretty smart with what we do. There's a fine line, a very fine line. If a player is complaining about being tight, we can sit there and shut him down and then every single person who ever complains about being tight, you can shut down and then ask a group of 90 people in training camp to raise their hands on who's tight, 90 people will raise their hand. The last thing I want to do is a player who knows it's tighter than usual and he's about to do something, to go in. It's the responsibility on his position coach to know that, our trainer to know that, myself to know that and the player to know that. That's why guys have to communicate. But, you've got a lot of guys who say, 'Oh we can go out if we're tight.' Now 30 of them are out and you've got 10 guys who are battling and those guys get hurt. So, it's football, it's everywhere around the league. It's camp. You've got to work hard to prepare hard and I think for the most part, most of our injuries are something that are extremely hard to control."

Im all for our starters having ," hamstring pulls," all the way until week one of the actual season.

Lions went 4-0 in preseason during thier 0-16 regular season.

Never forget.
Originally posted by captveg:
Man, Shanny indirectly tore this thread to shreds at the presser today, LOL.

General manager John Lynch talked in the offseason about doing some research into all of the injuries you guys had last year and see if there were things you could do to prevent that. Is there anything that you can point to, is there any sort of theme with these injuries and could any of them have maybe been prevented or is it all just kind of a freak football--?

"Oh yeah you can go through each one. [TE George] Kittle falling on his arm awkwardly and separating his shoulder, that could be prevented by not having him run the route. Guys getting concussions in games could be prevented from them not tackling people I guess."

What about soft tissue injuries in particular?

"Soft tissue injuries, yeah they can be prevented by having them not doing anything and sit there and just not get hurt and then it will happen in Week 1, to me. It's just part of it. I think we are pretty smart with what we do. There's a fine line, a very fine line. If a player is complaining about being tight, we can sit there and shut him down and then every single person who ever complains about being tight, you can shut down and then ask a group of 90 people in training camp to raise their hands on who's tight, 90 people will raise their hand. The last thing I want to do is a player who knows it's tighter than usual and he's about to do something, to go in. It's the responsibility on his position coach to know that, our trainer to know that, myself to know that and the player to know that. That's why guys have to communicate. But, you've got a lot of guys who say, 'Oh we can go out if we're tight.' Now 30 of them are out and you've got 10 guys who are battling and those guys get hurt. So, it's football, it's everywhere around the league. It's camp. You've got to work hard to prepare hard and I think for the most part, most of our injuries are something that are extremely hard to control."

Shanny isnt afraid to speak his mind.
Did anyone watch Hard Knocks last week?
There was some heated discussion on having players sit out for minor injuries to keep them fully healthy. Seems to be Hue Jacksons preference...
Not working out too great for the Browns is it?
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Santa & Clara
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Santa & Clara

Santa & Claus
Share 49ersWebzone