LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Do we need to start blaming the s & c?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we need to start blaming the s & c?

Originally posted by fropwns:
Violent game comes with risks. Regardless of a collision or not.

No fro. It's the teams fault.
Option D...end this stupid thread
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Option D...end this stupid thread

Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Violent game comes with risks. Regardless of a collision or not.

No fro. It's the teams fault.

Fire everybody.
The 49ers fired their entire strength and conditioning staff after the last coaching change. The new staff wasn't hired by the same people who hired the old staff.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Too early.

4 straight years and counting. ShanaLynch fired the previous regime but the same issues persisted last year to now.

I'm starting to agree with you here. 4 years straight - someone isn't doing something right. One freak year, maybe two but FOUR? And what makes this so confusing is that we have a YOUNG team so compared to those others in the top 5 most injured, we're easily the youngest.

With 2014 you could understand age and wear and tear took hold. But like you noted here, we went from 26th oldest to 6th youngest over night. It's been youth ever since since 2015. It's just not adding up. I'd like to blame Baalke as all of his players have shown injury tendencies to date (confirmed now), but we're still on the same trend so what gives?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Jed clearly cheaped out on the turf, again.

deadly Levi's grass, smdh
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:

It's the Indian burial ground that they built the stadium on...
We do look like we are not ready to hit sometimes, IMO.

I wouldn't say its totally baseless right now.
Just change out the entire staff every game until we get the right group, you know, the ones who are psychic and know how and when every player is going to get injured. I mean, these guys are professionals, they should just know, right???

How is S&C going to prevent a dude falling on or kicking another player in the head inadvertently? Players are bigger, stronger and faster. F=MA. It's physics.

You want to prevent injuries? Slow the game down. However, if you do that, it won't be fun anymore.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Also the soft training camps ran by kyle Shanahan are a factor of the players not being ready to play and getting hurt. I see them on snapchats and they spend majority of practice dancing and slapping hands. I miss my dude jimmy harbs the last real coach we had who made them practice like a real football team.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by SoCold:

It's the Indian burial ground that they built the stadium on...

or that construction worker that jed killed
Injuries suck, but all teams get 'em. Some teams have already lost players for the season, so I wouldn't be that concerned about it. Going from no pads most of the off-season, to pads in TC and now the preseason games are all transitions players need to make.
Some of these injuries are the same guys getting injured again. Sometimes it just happens. You can be the strongest guy on the planet and be able to run a marathon but if your knee gets caved in or you get your bell rung there is nothing you can do to prevent it. ALL ATHLETES GET HURT. It can run in cycles so maybe we go relatively injury free the rest of the year. No worries.
Share 49ersWebzone