LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Anyone else unhappy with the broadcast?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just tried to rewatch the first preseason broadcast and found it just as annoying as before.

Ted Robinson and his partner (can't remember his name) spent the entire first quarter focused on the freakin Cowboys. Did not bother mentioning the Niners starting lineup and could not correctly identify who was making plays for the Niners. Or who was subbin in for injured players or who was on the field. Got the starting O-line wrong and could not correctly ID who was on the O-line when Williams ran in the first Niner TD.

Then the 4th quarter was devoted to Al Guido talking thru and over all the action on the field including the ref's announcements of penalties=--so they're both talking at once and neither one can be heard.

And Dennis O'Donnel is the worst--the dunbest sideline reporter ever. "Did Jimmy G overthrow those passes because of the pressure he now feels as the face of th franchise?" How long did it take Dennis to come up with that stupid question?
[ Edited by oldninerdude on Aug 11, 2018 at 6:24 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Preseason....
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Preseason....
True and it was just as bad last year.

I guess I should follow your lead and just accept things as they are.
I think you should write the network. This is unacceptable.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I think you should write the network. This is unacceptable.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Just tried to rewatch the first preseason broadcast and found it just as annoying as before.

Ted Robinson and his partner (can't remember his name) spent the entire first quarter focused on the freakin Cowboys. Did not bother mentioning the Niners starting lineup and could not correctly identify who was making plays for the Niners. Or who was subbin in for injured players or who was on the field. Got the starting O-line wrong and could not correctly ID who was on the O-line when Williams ran in the first Niner TD.

Then the 4th quarter was devoted to Al Guido talking thru and over all the action on the field including the ref's announcements of penalties=--so they're both talking at once and neither one can be heard.

And Dennis O'Donnel is the worst--the dunbest sideline reporter ever. "Did Jimmy G overthrow those passes because of the pressure he now feels as the face of th franchise?" How long did it take Dennis to come up with that stupid question?

Who cares.

Dennis O' Donnell used to call the games, he was so bad
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jamespowers:

Omg, Dennis was putrid.
I dont care about them getting names wrong. There are so many, and so much rotation, it just doesnt matter.
First string offense was worse

I live in Missouri and Ted Robinson and Tim Ryan were the announcers on the live NFL network feed. Maybe they were told to be unbiased and focus on both teams? They tended to gush over 49ers players for the most part and spent a while on Stayley miked up. I know what you mean about Guido's interview. They could have done that at halftime. If I was a Cowboy fan I wouldn't have been happy about the broadcast either. But from the looks of things, if I was a Dallas fan I probably was at the game. I watched a replay of the Jacksonville game the other day and it made me miss the old days of quality announcers.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:

Omg, Dennis was putrid.

I actually watched the Cowboys feed Thursday night, also bad.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
It was really bad. It's always bad, but having Guido on as long as they did made it worse than usual for me.
Originally posted by socalniner:
First string offense was worse

Jimmy G did well on third down though?
Originally posted by Wodwo:
It was really bad. It's always bad, but having Guido on as long as they did made it worse than usual for me.

This. All Guido had to talk about was the stuff dedicated to Dwight Clark, instead he just kept on rambling and rambling endlessly.
Share 49ersWebzone