LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Who's better CJ or Mullens?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's better CJ or Mullens?

Right now I think Mullens has the edge. Long term, who knows?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
CJ has the bigger arm, but Mullens has the accuracy and pocket awareness.
CJ has about no upside. Those hits will take their toll
Little Nicky is still better
You can see that CJ has the better NFL arm to make all the throws. Nick though has a better awareness in the pocket and appears to process the field better. He knows the offense better and will let the ball go. CJ seems like he is unsure about what he's seeing which will hold him back no matter his arm in the NFL.
Originally posted by wolfpack2192:
You can see that CJ has the better NFL arm to make all the throws. Nick though has a better awareness in the pocket and appears to process the field better. He knows the offense better and will let the ball go. CJ seems like he is unsure about what he's seeing which will hold him back no matter his arm in the NFL.

It doesnt matter what your arm is like if you cant process things quick enough ala Kaepernick. Unless Mullens seriously s**ts himself, Id rather have Mullens backing up Jimmy next year.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

It doesnt matter what your arm is like if you cant process things quick enough ala Kaepernick. Unless Mullens seriously s**ts himself, Id rather have Mullens backing up Jimmy next year.
You might but I get the feeling KS is not going to role with a backup QB that handcuffs his offense because of a noodle arm.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

You might but I get the feeling KS is not going to role with a backup QB that handcuffs his offense because of a noodle arm.
Do you think it might just be a confidence thing that will get better in time?

I like Mullen's accuracy and processing his reads but agree that he needs to get some distance to have the artillery work effectively
Mullins just a little over CJ. Faster processing. We also have 2 guys to throw 2, 1 with any size, Kittle. Have got to get a big outside body 2 throw 2. Not sure what Pettis is doing out there. Caught 3 passes for like -5 yards on those screens.
[ Edited by socal1632 on Nov 13, 2018 at 4:57 AM ]
Def enough of a "sample size" now to see that Mulls in the better back up. Neither is starter quality but BDN has the "leg" up on Ceej

IMO. it's a done deal.

Mullins nailed it!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO. it's a done deal.

Mullins nailed it!

He's coming for JG's job.
What's interesting is that CJ had more physical tools, but it seems Mullens has more of the "it" factor. If you could combine Mullens and Beathard, you'd have a starter.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
What's interesting is that CJ had more physical tools, but it seems Mullens has more of the "it" factor. If you could combine Mullens and Beathard, you'd have a starter.

I agree that Mullens has "it". IMO All he needs is a couple of years of working with Shanahan and he'll be in the "good" Kirk Cousins territory.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 11, 2018 at 1:00 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I was on the CJ bandwagon, but I've been really impressed by Mullens - guys a baller.
Share 49ersWebzone