There are 156 users in the forums

Who's better CJ or Mullens?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's better CJ or Mullens?

Hmmm.

Good luck Nick. Seattle x2 also.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Good luck Nick. Seattle x2 also.

It is amazing how bad Denver is and still number one against the pass...You almost have to work at being that bad in this league that so caters to the air.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
It is amazing how bad Denver is and still number one against the pass...You almost have to work at being that bad in this league that so caters to the air.

Yep and they have 2 premiere passrushers? Which shows that it takes more than that to win in the NFL.
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Yep and they have 2 premiere passrushers? Which shows that it takes more than that to win in the NFL.

They had Texans beat last week but then shanked the last second, game winning, field goal. D is great. O is Ordinary. Special Teams is Special Olympics.

Hey, Did anyone see the channel 2 49ers show on Sun a.m. where an insider guest (Who was it?) talked about how insanely intense BDN preps and how CJ is the Ping Pong champ?
CJ is physically tougher and that's it.

He really hasn't improved much since last year - same problems with the ball.

it helps when the offense scores points.
Originally posted by LenCat:

They had Texans beat last week but then shanked the last second, game winning, field goal. D is great. O is Ordinary. Special Teams is Special Olympics.

Hey, Did anyone see the channel 2 49ers show on Sun a.m. where an insider guest (Who was it?) talked about how insanely intense BDN preps and how CJ is the Ping Pong champ?

"Ordinary" is being kind about the Denver O. I see 'em every week out here. They're not as hapless as the woeful Giants; they can move the ball a little. They have lots of problems scoring. Just my eye test, I didn't check any stats.
let's not suck each others di*ks quite just yet.

again.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

again.

lol

Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

again.

lol

I think that's a good idea no matter HOW good our QB plays.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
CJ is physically tougher and that's it.

He really hasn't improved much since last year - same problems with the ball.

he did but he still has just terrible pocket awareness. Seems like he is blind to the 300 pound defensive lineman barreling down on him. Has no idea when to get rid of the ball, escape out of the pocket, step up in the pocket, or just tuck the ball and take the sack. Seems like every game, there are like 3 strip sacks
Not terrible. Kap was terrible. But very tone deaf to pressure. His achilles heel.
CJ is without a doubt, the toughest guy i have ever seen at QB. Also the guttiest...as in he has more guts than anyone. But he is awful at reading Ds, and he is equally bad at going thru his reads.. those two items are QB killers. He appears no better at reading Ds nor at going thru progressions this yr than last. He stiill has more guts than any QB in memory. But with no progress in reads or progressions, when kyle said "Your NFL career is not over", it sounded more like the "K.O.D"...aka, the Kiss of Death.

If Mullens plays anything like his last game( literally his first), then CJ has limited time remaining here. My bet is that mullens looks much like he did in Raids game when we play the GNATs. I have a hard time believing that was a one off performance.
Haven't seen enough of Mullens to be definitive, but from the preseasons and the last game, Mullens' passes looked to have more accuracy and touch than CJ
Share 49ersWebzone