LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

CONTROVERSY BREWING AT THE DL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why not start Solly at DT and DeFo at Leo for now? Until we get a true Leo in the future. Our DT situation is strong right now.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
I am particularly interested in Attaochu. When a guy is drafted in the 2nd round he is not lacking talent. Putting him in the right system is often the key.

In his case, SD just happened onto two of the best edge rushers in the NFL and perhaps Attaochu was the odd man out.

I'm with you on Attaochu. He has talent. He should do well playing next to either Buckner or Solomon at edge rusher. I know Saleh and Kyle has spoken volumes about Attaochu and Marsh, I'm just hoping they are right. *If* big if, he stays healthy and does what he did in San Diego - I can see him getting more than 8 sacks this year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Giedi:
So unfortunate for AA to get injured again, but it does open up his spot to others to make an impression. I"m with you on getting as much depth at D Line and Cornerback. Specifically if we can bolster the edge rusher position with more depth, if not more talent, I'll be really happy with that.

when someone goes down for any reason.. you always look to see who can take advantage of the opportunity. still trying to figure out how craig dahl stayed all these years
Personally I thought it was bad coaching.

I'm impressed with the youngsters that were behind AA. I can see us losing Peters sooner, rather than later, if we have another 2017 draft next year (or if the 2018 draft kicks butt and generates one or two all pros, we'll probably lose him this January. )
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Why not start Solly at DT and DeFo at Leo for now? Until we get a true Leo in the future. Our DT situation is strong right now.

I think that's what they're doing.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Are the 2nd stringers (D-linemen) really been playing better than the starting unit??

DE - Ronald Blair

DT - Sheldon Day

DT - DJ Jones

DE - Julian Taylor

Blair might not even make the team. Day is great depth and has a spot on rotation. He isn't anywhere close to Thomas/Buckner.

Taylor has a shot at some snaps at RDE. Jones most likely takes Mitchell's spot in a yr.

I'm not really sure where you got the notion that the backups have been outperforming the starts though?

It's a controversy because player(s) who are starting may just be starting due to what round they were drafted. In fact one of the posters even mentioned that Aweak Armhurt may even get his starting job back..

as far as the notion in regards to backups outperforming the starters, buddy, you really need to learn how to read IN BETWEEN THE LINES more often, no COACHING STAFF will ever put that on paper.. and that's the reason why Julian "LENNON" Taylor is getting some time at the starting rotation..

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Taylor is an upgrade over the bust Armstead. This is established already.

Unfortunately, Saleh will probably still start AA once he comes back. Just mind blowing to me. Do not understand what the point is anymore

To show us one last time if he's top draft overall expensive starter material.
Share 49ersWebzone