LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

Greg Papa - 49ers' play-by-play caller

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love it now lol
Greg was gobbling on the FO's nuts a little to much for my liking with the Buckner trade. Might have been sarcasm...he said DJ Jones could take replace buckner with little to no drop off and then big'd up Kevin givens saying he's going to be a star really soon.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Greg was gobbling on the FO's nuts a little to much for my liking with the Buckner trade. Might have been sarcasm...he said DJ Jones could take replace buckner with little to no drop off and then big'd up Kevin givens saying he's going to be a star really soon.

I'm not going to say DJ Jones can replace Buckner's production, but I think this dude showed he has legit pass rush ability this year. I could definitely see him putting up some respectable pass-rush numbers a nose tackle. If DJ can develop, it would allow them to remain in their base personnel in all situations.

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 16, 2020 at 6:16 PM ]
This dude should not be calling Niner games.
His long drawn-out "Trey Area" is so cringe. Can Jed just throw a one-way ticket to Vegas on his lap in 2 weeks?
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
His long drawn-out "Trey Area" is so cringe. Can Jed just throw a one-way ticket to Vegas on his lap in 2 weeks?

He's got great pipes for calling any game, any sport, but he tries way to hard to be hip.
It's stream of consciousness of him figuring out what is going on.

I feel sorry for Tim Ryan. Papa was constantly undercutting his analysis, especially the critisism.

The "Trey Arrreeaaa" coming from him was absolutely corny as were the multiple e-40 references.
I have a ton of respect for Papa but hes got to give up on the attempted wokeness and just call the game with Ryan and embrace that hes an old man
the bang bang niner gang was so cringe the way he said it lol
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

He's got great pipes for calling any game, any sport, but he tries way to hard to be hip.

This

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

This

Yeah, he is fine until we score a touchdown.
Less is more Papa.

Stick to the TD!!!! SAN FRAN CISCOOOOO!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I feel sorry for Tim Ryan. Papa was constantly undercutting his analysis, especially the critisism.

The "Trey Arrreeaaa" coming from him was absolutely corny as were the multiple e-40 references.

something about these 2 guys together just doesn't work.
  • thl408
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Yeah, he is fine until we score a touchdown.

lol that's a good way to put it.
yea that Trey Area s**t was beyond corny
Share 49ersWebzone