LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Predict our next breakout player this season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Goodwin had most of his receiving yards when Garcon was out (613 yards over the last 8 games compared to 349 in the 8 games he played with Garcon). And Garcon had exactly 500 yards in 8 games, so in the 8 games they played together (which weren't with Jimmy G admittedly), they put up 849 yards.

It's not impossible, but odds are we won't have two 1000+ yard receivers (two 1000 yard receivers usually equates to more like 2200-2500 receiving yards since they don't usually both hit 1000 on the dot). Even if we throw the ball a lot, Goodwin and Garcon aren't elite WRs, so I imagine we'll spread the ball around and keep Kittle and McKinnon involved in the passing game plus a slot receiver and another TE.

I get what you're saying and I know how it sounds, but 1000 yards is an overblown stat IMO. It only averages out to 62.5 yds/gm. Garçon and Goodwin could easily cross that mark. Because they are more like 1a and 1b options, they'll both have their moments to shine. One isn't going to overshadow the other.

If we had a better defense I think it would make it less likely. As of now, we'll probably see a middling defense and many close games that force us to keep passing.
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Kendrick Bourne
this answer took too many posts to get to. He is the one.

I think he'll be our #3 and will play a larger role; however, unless we see Garçon or Goodwin injured I'm not so sure he'll have an opportunity to break out. I expect him to be firmly ahead of Pettis this season though. Bourne and Pettis are going to be groomed for depth and life after Garçon.

I expect Bourne to absorb many of the targets that previously went to Robinson and Murphy. I'll consider 450-500 yards a big season from him IMO.
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Kendrick Bourne
this answer took too many posts to get to. He is the one.

I think he'll be our #3 and will play a larger role; however, unless we see Garçon or Goodwin injured I'm not so sure he'll have an opportunity to break out. I expect him to be firmly ahead of Pettis this season though. Bourne and Pettis are going to be groomed for depth and life after Garçon.

I expect Bourne to absorb many of the targets that previously went to Robinson and Murphy. I'll consider 450-500 yards a big season from him IMO.
i don't think he will beat out Pettis, but i do see him getting more snaps in the RZ
Kittle and Colbert
Kittle. He showed enough toughness and tools in the passing game that I think he's set up to generate the most attention.

That SI article has me hoping everyone's talking about Spoon by year end, though. For the right reasons, obviously.
An entire offseason and year with Jimmy G I think it's going to be Kittle, every offensive weapon will have a great year but I see Kittle and Jimmy G doing it big
Last time I did this Elliington sprained his foot so....I'm going with Tully Banta Cain.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Last time I did this Elliington sprained his foot so....I'm going with Tully Banta Cain.

That spin move for the win!!

My money is on this dude
Bourne and Brieda.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Jimmy G gonna break out with the herp!

-Rascal
Originally posted by boast:
Jimmy G gonna break out with the Wart!

-Rascal
FTFY

75% of the time, it works every time
Considering we came from squat mid-season last, I'd say if there aren't 10 legit breakout players this season I'd be surprised.
A) Cassius March- He believes that the team believes that he's the man so he will rise to the occasion and be the man at LEO
B) Solomon Thomas- Last year he didn't have a full off season and had a less than inspiring year. This year he comes on strong and nobody second guesses his draft position again
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

My money is on this dude
yep
Share 49ersWebzone