There are 205 users in the forums

Effect of Kyle plus JimmyG: 1+1 = 5

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This could be posted under either JimmyG or Kyle but somehow didn't fit. Mods please put where you wish.

There isn't much argument that Kyle is the best OC around...both now and for some while...certainly when with the Falcons but at his two stops before that. There is some argument that JimmyG isn't the best QB around, but around here? Heck yeah. Compared to brady, A. Rodgers, and then add QB of your choice maybe he isn't , but to me, JimmyG is the best qb. (We will have all yr to see if that is true or not.). But for the record, now that he is a 49er, he is the best QB out here. But it is the pairing of the two...OC AND QB... that is of interest. My hunch is with JimmyG playing QB, and kyle OCing, we have the best duo in the league at OC/ Qb. The thing is, these two seem so far ahead of the rest of the OC/QB combos, that when we play a better team, we give up some talent on say RB...or ER....or 2 LA Rams DTs, Darnold and Suh, where we are definitely disadvantaged talentwise, we make up for that plus more because of the unique QB/OC that we have. True, we have seen but 5+ games of Jimmy but what we saw was something not seen around these parts in more than 20 yrs. The kid is fantastical. But when you match him with the best OC in the league, we get something truly extraordinary.

So altho some people are saying we lose our first four games, what if we win 2? Or 3...or how about all 4? If that were to happen the media and football talking heads would have to relook and re-evaluate just what exactly we have going on over here. My gut tells me there is something magical happening, and nobody else in the league has any inkling of it. If I am right, and our OC/ QB are the best duo in the league, then I could see us winning 2 or 3 from the first 4 and not dropping much after that. If wrong, okay, we go ahead and lose on out the first four, then I probably still feel this way but it just takes us awhile to get our other 21 guys going. Once in sync, however, I see a wrecking crew out there. That is a lot to say just coming off 11 loses.. But JG wasn't here then. Can he and kYle make that much difference? Some will laugh at this, but I think it doable. One thing for sure. We don't have to wait around for weeks to find out if true. The first four games will tell us if the OC/QB gives us an edge in most games...or not. My guess is...it does.

With the two of them 1+1 does not = 2, it equals 5 or thereabouts. Kyle on his own was able to coax 5 consecutive 3 pts or less losses this past yr out of a team pretty much devoid of talent. We were playing with 33 guys not on the squad last yr. And yet, still kyle was able to get that kind of production out of them. Enter JimmyG and the five games he started we saw what we all had been looking for the last 20 yrs. Now a talent like JG plus a talent like Kyle, is bound to get you a way better QB/OC than some polished kid who can do it all. But with kyles playcalling and jimmy's QBing, no matter what advantage another team has, our dynamic duo should still make us favored. Their uniqueness , both guys at the top of their games, should give us an advantage at the two most important slots on the field....OC and QB.

True we play 4 teams right out of the gate that are top flite and all 4 are probably favored. But it is the additive cleverness of kyle and superb QBing of JG that will end up winning the day. If we were to win 2 of those games, or say 3, then the media would have to rethink our chances overall. But if we won all 4 games, then what? Even in games where we are outmanned, be it RB, WR, DB, DL, OL....I believe the combo of kyle/JG still gives us the advantage..

signed: homerdoc
K
Ninurz rule
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
This could be posted under either JimmyG or Kyle but somehow didn't fit. Mods please put where you wish.

There isn't much argument that Kyle is the best OC around...both now and for some while...certainly when with the Falcons but at his two stops before that. There is some argument that JimmyG isn't the best QB around, but around here? Heck yeah. Compared to brady, A. Rodgers, and then add QB of your choice maybe he isn't , but to me, JimmyG is the best qb. (We will have all yr to see if that is true or not.). But for the record, now that he is a 49er, he is the best QB out here. But it is the pairing of the two...OC AND QB... that is of interest. My hunch is with JimmyG playing QB, and kyle OCing, we have the best duo in the league at OC/ Qb. The thing is, these two seem so far ahead of the rest of the OC/QB combos, that when we play a better team, we give up some talent on say RB...or ER....or 2 LA Rams DTs, Darnold and Suh, where we are definitely disadvantaged talentwise, we make up for that plus more because of the unique QB/OC that we have. True, we have seen but 5+ games of Jimmy but what we saw was something not seen around these parts in more than 20 yrs. The kid is fantastical. But when you match him with the best OC in the league, we get something truly extraordinary.

So altho some people are saying we lose our first four games, what if we win 2? Or 3...or how about all 4? If that were to happen the media and football talking heads would have to relook and re-evaluate just what exactly we have going on over here. My gut tells me there is something magical happening, and nobody else in the league has any inkling of it. If I am right, and our OC/ QB are the best duo in the league, then I could see us winning 2 or 3 from the first 4 and not dropping much after that. If wrong, okay, we go ahead and lose on out the first four, then I probably still feel this way but it just takes us awhile to get our other 21 guys going. Once in sync, however, I see a wrecking crew out there. That is a lot to say just coming off 11 loses.. But JG wasn't here then. Can he and kYle make that much difference? Some will laugh at this, but I think it doable. One thing for sure. We don't have to wait around for weeks to find out if true. The first four games will tell us if the OC/QB gives us an edge in most games...or not. My guess is...it does.

With the two of them 1+1 does not = 2, it equals 5 or thereabouts. Kyle on his own was able to coax 5 consecutive 3 pts or less losses this past yr out of a team pretty much devoid of talent. We were playing with 33 guys not on the squad last yr. And yet, still kyle was able to get that kind of production out of them. Enter JimmyG and the five games he started we saw what we all had been looking for the last 20 yrs. Now a talent like JG plus a talent like Kyle, is bound to get you a way better QB/OC than some polished kid who can do it all. But with kyles playcalling and jimmy's QBing, no matter what advantage another team has, our dynamic duo should still make us favored. Their uniqueness , both guys at the top of their games, should give us an advantage at the two most important slots on the field....OC and QB.

True we play 4 teams right out of the gate that are top flite and all 4 are probably favored. But it is the additive cleverness of kyle and superb QBing of JG that will end up winning the day. If we were to win 2 of those games, or say 3, then the media would have to rethink our chances overall. But if we won all 4 games, then what? Even in games where we are outmanned, be it RB, WR, DB, DL, OL....I believe the combo of kyle/JG still gives us the advantage..

signed: homerdoc

It's a new year and last year will not carry over. I expect early JG struggles and then a mid season surge and a playoff push towards the end.
We have the best qb and coach in the league
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Patriots do...
I tend to agree that together these guys are more than the sum of their parts. We have been and will continue (to much greater degrees) to be the beneficiaries of their presence in the 49ers organization. Kind of amazing how everything is coming together for us.
I've seen enough of Jimmy G to know he is something special. When he drops back it appears his feet don't hit the ground. I remember this workout Phil Simms had with Bill Walsh and Coach stressed having light feet in the back pedal along with arm placement for a quick release. Jimmy G has all of these. Along with Coach Shanahan they may make a formidable foe.
I love Jimmy ❤️

But did people just forget about the best QB of the last 10 years? Mr. Aaron Rodgers??

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I love Jimmy ❤️

But did people just forget about the best QB of the last 10 years? Mr. Aaron Rodgers??

Tom brady...
Agree with above, and no question Aaron and Brady are HOFer for life. Terrific both of them. But we will see if Jimmy is in that group shortly. Maybe a couple yrs, but as for now, he is something truly special matched with the cleverest OC out there. What we see is anyone's guess and yes the first four games, 2 without Reuben are going to be grueling. But the pairing of one of the top QBs with the best OC....when we already have seen they got on each other's wavelengths early on with dramatic results . We take off from there with most of the rest of our team. Way more than last yr, that/s for sure.
Agree with above, and no question Aaron and Brady are HOFer for life. Terrific both of them. But we will see if Jimmy is in that group shortly. Maybe a couple yrs, but as for now, he is something truly special matched with the cleverest OC out there. What we see is anyone's guess and yes the first four games, 2 without Reuben are going to be grueling. But the pairing of one of the top QBs with the best OC....when we already have seen they got on each other's wavelengths early on with dramatic results . We take off from there with most of the rest of our team. Way more than last yr, that/s for sure.
Yup. Football is beautiful again.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Yup. Football is beautiful again.

Great stuff Doc, and I agree +2!!!

The only caveat is that super bowls are won with defense.
A lot of truth in that Giedi, but interestingly, our best UNIT is ...the DL. Sure, we don't have an ER, but we got "forty eleven" DBs in camp, 4 from draft or FA.
The DL is not only good, but is deep. Recall way back early last yr the idea was to have DL play 5 snaps and then rotate out. The pass D wasn't up to that so we instead went to moving Solly inside on passing downs, and semi-rotated. But we have the horses for run D, with our league worst 4.7 yds/carry at beginning of 2017 ending up 3.3 yds/carry by end of season. 3 guys, one of whom missed most of last half of season had one thing in common. Buck, AA, and Solly could bust thru the OL, but not quite get home. This was THREE guys almost getting it done. With practice, experience, good coaching, those QB hits, hurries, and yes, a few sacks....will start turning into sacks this yr...with NO ER. PR up the gut is almost surely where our pressure comes from this yr.

Also we went from a possible NO LBs this yr, (Reuben was expected to be cut or out a yr for the bogus DV thing), and we had one guy return from injury to adding Warner, Reuben gets to play, injured guy is back and we got another LB who probably will be in the rotation. Plus we added Achoo, and saw Marsh and Day come on at end of season. So not only is our DL deep, we got a very nice supporting cast behind them. Some are guessing a top 15 D, but i think it is going to come out a whole lot better than that. Is it top 5....nope, not without an ER, but we will be way better at LEO/Elephant this yr, and then we have the strong, fast and tough DL with good depth. I don't know what that equates too, but by the time these guys get on the same page, this almost has to be top 7-10 D. We had two DB starters last yr . This yr 4. Again that only once again helps that DL.

So with that said, our huge advantage at QB/OC will become obvious. Plus, they DON'T have to do it by themselves. The improved OL, with added WRs, RB, and DL...are all going to be way better. Also, obviously Saleh has has had a yr to get acclimated to DCing, and his improvement in defending rushing yds/carry from last yr isn't going to backslide. Last and not least , one of those WRs is going to make our STs best in the business. True this isn't college but still, 9 Punt returns for TDs Last yr? Sheesh, that is almost going to insure our STs winning that segment of the matchup in most games.

The one thing i am puzzled about? How in the world did we end up with DeFo...quick as a cat, 300 lbs, strong as an ox, and twitchy fast? The guy is unbelieveable, and will lead this D from here on out. So, if we make a move this yr, and it is for the playoffs, you gotta like what KS and JL put on the field vs what they inherited...which besides Buck and Joe...wasn't much. I would be tempted when talking about our QB/OC to add...QB/OC/GM...because a lot of good happened to this team talentwise in just over 16 months.
Share 49ersWebzone