There are 98 users in the forums

2018 49ers Preseason Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 55,655
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by cciowa:
it has to be either that trade you speak of or bring elvis back. there is no way this team can enter the year with this type of impotent pass rush,

+1. No excuses to have a lack of pass rush.
especially with the young secondary back there.. we have to give those kids some help. fine cut elvis. hope others will step up, its becoming very obvious that is not taking place.. if our lack of pass rush still happens in game three. i just think lynch has to pull a trigger on a trade or find someone who has been cut or call elvis back to bridge the gap till we can draft an elite kid next year
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,009
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Giedi:
the 2019 draft looks like the draft to do that, according to our resident draft nerds. Don't forget a possible trade also this year before the trade deadline.

it has to be either that trade you speak of or bring elvis back. there is no way this team can enter the year with this type of impotent pass rush,

Don't forget Aldon's also a free agent just like Elvis.

On a more serious note, I think Attaochu is *like* an Elvis with at least a youth upside. Elvis is one year older and probably has slowed down even more than last year. There is a reason he's still out there and not been signed by anybody yet. When I finally saw Attaochu play, he looked rusty but he flashed some talent. There were a couple of instances in the 2nd half where DB's got their hands on the ball and I think the pass rush was a factor in those pass break ups. I think Attaochu can get better but he needs at least two pre-season games to get his football legs and balance back (if not more, and he needs to stay healthy). I saw him able to shed blockers and get around tackles - so I'm not as pessimistic about the pass rush as you are, but I am concerned about it still.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 55,655
Originally posted by Giedi:
Don't forget Aldon's also a free agent just like Elvis.

On a more serious note, I think Attaochu is *like* an Elvis with at least a youth upside. Elvis is one year older and probably has slowed down even more than last year. There is a reason he's still out there and not been signed by anybody yet. When I finally saw Attaochu play, he looked rusty but he flashed some talent. There were a couple of instances in the 2nd half where DB's got their hands on the ball and I think the pass rush was a factor in those pass break ups. I think Attaochu can get better but he needs at least two pre-season games to get his football legs and balance back (if not more, and he needs to stay healthy). I saw him able to shed blockers and get around tackles - so I'm not as pessimistic about the pass rush as you are, but I am concerned about it still.
maybe we can resign aaron lynch when the bears cut him
Originally posted by cciowa:
maybe we can resign aaron lynch when the bears cut him

Lol
No. Need to rid the ream of the baalke guys please.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,009
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Don't forget Aldon's also a free agent just like Elvis.

On a more serious note, I think Attaochu is *like* an Elvis with at least a youth upside. Elvis is one year older and probably has slowed down even more than last year. There is a reason he's still out there and not been signed by anybody yet. When I finally saw Attaochu play, he looked rusty but he flashed some talent. There were a couple of instances in the 2nd half where DB's got their hands on the ball and I think the pass rush was a factor in those pass break ups. I think Attaochu can get better but he needs at least two pre-season games to get his football legs and balance back (if not more, and he needs to stay healthy). I saw him able to shed blockers and get around tackles - so I'm not as pessimistic about the pass rush as you are, but I am concerned about it still.
maybe we can resign aaron lynch when the bears cut him

Heh, if we can get Kalil Mack for a 2nd round pick, not only will I be happy, but NY85 will be ecstatic we didn't use two first round picks. Of course, somebody has to hit me over the head with some chopsticks to make sure I'm not dreaming if that ever happened.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Heh, if we can get Kalil Mack for a 2nd round pick, not only will I be happy, but NY85 will be ecstatic we didn't use two first round picks. Of course, somebody has to hit me over the head with some chopsticks to make sure I'm not dreaming if that ever happened.

Someone would have to hit the Raiders over the head with chopsticks to get them to accept a trade like that.
I really doubt we bring Dumervil back. That ship has sailed
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by cciowa:
it has to be either that trade you speak of or bring elvis back. there is no way this team can enter the year with this type of impotent pass rush,

+1. No excuses to have a lack of pass rush.
2 years into a complete rebuild and you mean to tell me we dont have a pass rush!!!


We should have a pro bowl caliber player at every position right now.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by cciowa:
it has to be either that trade you speak of or bring elvis back. there is no way this team can enter the year with this type of impotent pass rush,

+1. No excuses to have a lack of pass rush.
2 years into a complete rebuild and you mean to tell me we dont have a pass rush!!!


We should have a pro bowl caliber player at every position right now.

Dude they don't understand sarcasm around here you gonna shut down the thread lol !!!!
  • Chez
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 134,091
Someone get Aldon on the phone

Sad that the impotent pass rush is going to cost this team any kind of success this year. 😡
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Someone get Aldon on the phone

No.
I still think Dumervil is on he table. I think he always was. We brought in some new guys to see if we could find something and it doesn't pan out, bring in the sure thing.
IMO, he should already be on the roster.

This nonsense about Harold adding to the pass rush was just an excuse to give others a look at SAM. Harold will never be an effective pass rusher.

Marsh is a rotational guy. Solomon is going to get most of the snaps there. Attaochu is just getting his test drive. There's room for Dumervil on this team.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Heh, if we can get Kalil Mack for a 2nd round pick, not only will I be happy, but NY85 will be ecstatic we didn't use two first round picks. Of course, somebody has to hit me over the head with some chopsticks to make sure I'm not dreaming if that ever happened.

How about a nice thick beer bottle?
I love the Niners dearly but this isnt a playoff team. I know people have high hopes but I think they are a year and few more good players away. 8-8
Share 49erswebzone