LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Niners' NFL 100th Anniversary (2019 Season) Alternate Jersey Poll

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Niners' NFL 100th Anniversary (2019 Season) Alternate Jersey Poll

2019 is the NFL's 100th anniversary season, and the league (with Nike) will likely use to opportunity to showcase throwback uniforms like they did in 1994 (the NFL's 75th anniversary). Which of the below options would you like the Niners to showcase next season as their next set of alternate/throwback uniforms for next season?

1955/1994 Throwback Red Jerseys

1996-2008 Cardinal Red Jerseys

1962 White Jerseys

1958 Red and White Jerseys

1981-1989 Red and White "Dynasty" Jerseys

I chose the most distinct sets in the team's 70+ year history, or in the case of the '81-'89 unis the most recognizable.

A couple of the options would have to be pending a revocation of the NFL's current "only one helmet color allowed" policy that's been in effect since 2013.
I love the 94s (very thrilled they brought back the road 94) so the home 94 is my choice.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to see the 1955 complete look with a red helmet and maybe even gray pants

Or the 1996 or 1998 home jersey. I'm glad we returned to an 80s inspired look back in 09, but any new alternate will result in Jimmy G jerseys flying off the shelves
PS,

I left off the 2015-17 all-black/"color rush" set since that is supposedly still being retained as an optional alternate set for future seasons...
Oh look another thread for dr bill walsh to talk abount unis
I say let's bring em all back. Change it up every week
are the over sized helmets optional?
Originally posted by 16to87:
are the over sized helmets optional?

The 80's uniforms are far too similar to the current set to wear as throwbacks.

The 98-08's are too recent.

Id do the 96-97 or the 94 reds.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
all blacks
whatever they wear doesnt matter to me as long as they win the superbowl ont he nfls 100

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
all blacks

racist
I don't really doubt they'll go throwback for centenary year across NFL - but I'd rather see each team have updated home uni for centenary year.

Look to the future rather than live in the past.

(I know giving an opening to new designs may be a disaster, but it can't be any worse than some team's throwbacks.)
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
all blacks

Might be off topic, but has anyone who has ordered a 1994 throwback Jimmy Garoppolo or any player, have you gotten it yet, Fanatics has free shipping, as does NFLShop.com, and shop49ers.com, want the white Garoppolo, since the home red stitched Garoppolo isn't in stock yet. It says by Aug 16th to be shipped, wondering if anyone has gotten theirs, or tracking? Sorry if in wrong spot, searched jersey, but couldn't find a thread.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Might be off topic, but has anyone who has ordered a 1994 throwback Jimmy Garoppolo or any player, have you gotten it yet, Fanatics has free shipping, as does NFLShop.com, and shop49ers.com, want the white Garoppolo, since the home red stitched Garoppolo isn't in stock yet. It says by Aug 16th to be shipped, wondering if anyone has gotten theirs, or tracking? Sorry if in wrong spot, searched jersey, but couldn't find a thread.

I ordered mine on Friday and have yet to receive an email that it's been shipped
Share 49ersWebzone