There are 204 users in the forums

49ers have NFLs most expensive offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners816:
I don't care about rankings. What I'd like to see is an offense that gets at least 370+ ypg and 26+ ppg. These usually get you solidly in the top 10 knocking on top 5. FWIW, theses numbers would be below what the offense was doing with Jimmy G last year.

I think this type of production with an improved defense would have us knocking on that 10-11 win total and put us in position to fight for the playoffs and the NFC West.

Eggggsactly!
Jet and JG did this. But yeah, we should be looking at a top 15 offense at least. Likely top 10.
Originally posted by Niners816:
If you took the 1/3 of a season Jimmy was starter and projected an entire season we would have led the league in Yards at 410 ypg and finished 2nd in Points at 28.8 ppg.

Careful. I think you just triggered Wodwo. j/k
Best QB in the league paired up with the best offensive mind in the game
Originally posted by JimmyOwnz:
Originally posted by valrod33:
When I google a players contract the first link is usually sportrac, so thats what I normally use

If you pay Google they put your related content first. Doesn't mean anything other than that.

overthecap.com should pay google
This is only because we have front loaded Jimmy, Joe, Jet & Marquise's contracts. Very smart. So we will have more money later.
Originally posted by KyleShanahan:
This is only because we have front loaded Jimmy, Joe, Jet & Marquise's contracts. Very smart. So we will have more money later.

Don't bother dude. People will see what they want to see which is "most expensive offense". Concepts like front loaded contracts probably too hard to understand.
They're probably ranked #10 with a healthy offense. It's the defense I'm worried about.

With cap rollover front loading isn't nearly as powerful as it used to be. So now it is just something you do to lure FAs when you aren't a very desirable destination.
Originally posted by captveg:
Skewed because of front loading Jimmy's salary due to cap room.

THIS x 100000000000000

Numbers don't lie BUT they can deceive.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
How are they burning through cap space? They're still 3rd in the league (in 2018) in available cap space ($45,105,536 million) They will roll that s**t over in 2019 and have around $80 million in cap space, which should have them a least top 10 in available cap space with only Buck to worry about for upcoming (big) contracts.

I swear people just like to complain for the sake of it in here...I'll I read for years was how Jed/Baalke are cheap now the new FO is actually spending money and bringing in talent and scheme fit players (without creating horrible long-term contracts) yet people are STILL complaining

Its funny how fast "Jed is too cheap/he's pocketing all the money/no way does he pay Garoppolo!" became "but muh salary cap space!"
Now, contrast that with the defensive investment:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/defense/active-cash/

Number 26 I really fear that while teams won't be able to stop us from scoring much we won't be able to stop anyone.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
They're probably ranked #10 with a healthy offense. It's the defense I'm worried about.

When Garoppolo was actually keeping our offense on the field for long drives, the D was well rested, and they played much better. I think theyve been focusing more on the D since Shanahan and Lynch were hired. Itll get there. Cant install a brand new system and expect immediate results.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Now, contrast that with the defensive investment:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/defense/active-cash/

Number 26 I really fear that while teams won't be able to stop us from scoring much we won't be able to stop anyone.

And Saleh gonna get blamed if the defense isn't in the top 20.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

With cap rollover front loading isn't nearly as powerful as it used to be. So now it is just something you do to lure FAs when you aren't a very desirable destination.

How is it not a powerful tool when it allows your cap hit to go down each year of the contract (depending on the specific contract), all the while allowing you to maintain cap flexibility and cap space going fwd? You couple de-escalating contracts with cap roll over each year, you are sitting pretty. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you are saying
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on May 15, 2018 at 8:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone