There are 184 users in the forums

49ers have NFLs most expensive offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by captveg:
Skewed because of front loading Jimmy's salary due to cap room.

Same with Jet. and Staley, etc

True, but it is a concern that they are burning through cap space so quickly. One good thing Baalke did was save cap space, but the Lynch regime is giving out some questionable contracts.

How are they burning through cap space? They're still 3rd in the league (in 2018) in available cap space ($45,105,536 million) They will roll that s**t over in 2019 and have around $80 million in cap space, which should have them a least top 10 in available cap space with only Buck to worry about for upcoming (big) contracts.

I swear people just like to complain for the sake of it in here...I'll I read for years was how Jed/Baalke are cheap now the new FO is actually spending money and bringing in talent and scheme fit players (without creating horrible long-term contracts) yet people are STILL complaining
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 15, 2018 at 7:01 AM ]
Crazy considering no WR1 contract.

Most of our top defenders are playing out their rookie contacts, so that explains the cap space.

Need to shed our dead money from last offseason so we can sign/extend our own guys on D.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
And are you really going to believe Spotrac, who copies all their content over myself, who's been doing this since before Spotrac was a thing?

Yeah I think I'll choose to believe a reputable site like Sportrac over some forum member.

Also like I said I've been doing this since the early 2000s, and am well respected on these forums, as I have broken terms on every deal the 49ers did this offseason when FA started, I had McKinnon's terms 30 minutes after FA opened, I had Richburg and Coyle's that night.

Also that link is for cash in 2018, again you go by APY not cash in one given year, you're skewing the numbers to fit your own narrative.

Why use future years that may not be guaranteed to calculate a guys salary for one year?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Niners816:
If you took the 1/3 of a season Jimmy was starter and projected an entire season we would have led the league in Yards at 410 ypg and finished 2nd in Points at 28.8 ppg.

In 2017, the 49ers went from 31st to 12th in the NFL in total offense, their second-highest ranking in 14 seasons.

And that was with a shoddy OL, Hoyer/Beathard for most of the season and the team having to sign WR's right off the street. Damn this team has had some s**tty offense for a long time.

The offense sucked before Jimmy and then was great with Jimmy. It was all him.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
No more excuses. Better have the #1 offense to go with all that spending.

Top 10

Highest paid QB, highest paid FB, highest paid center, #2 highest paid RB (only behind Bell). Top 10 is a bit embarrassing. Need top 5 at least.

Richburg is not the highest paid center.

And who exactly is going to be embarrassed by having a top 10 ranked offense. The current SB champs ranked 7th overall and were the second most expensive offense meanwhile the most expensive offense belonged to the Steelers.

Facts are hard I know http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/center/ Try to stick to the facts and not troll this place with your obviously false statements trying to incite the good posters of this forum.

I wouldn't use spotrac to get numbers from...their constantly wrong, they're far from "reputable".

Over the cap is the way to go for correct cap info IMO.

https://overthecap.com/position/center/

[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 15, 2018 at 7:00 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

True, but it is a concern that they are burning through cap space so quickly. One good thing Baalke did was save cap space, but the Lynch regime is giving out some questionable contracts.

How are they burning through cap space? They're still 3rd in the league (in 2018) in available cap space ($45,105,536 million) They will roll that s**t in 2019 and have around $80 million in cap space, which should have them a least top 10 in avaiable cap space with only Buck to worry about for upcoming (big) contracts.

I swear people just like to complain for the sake of it in here...I'll I read for years was how Jed/Baalke are cheap now the new FO is actually spending money and bringing in talent and scheme fit players (without creating horrible long-term contracts) yet people are STILL complaining

100% dude. It's bad. Once we're back to winning Super Bowls, people will complain we aren't flying under the radar anymore.

We have every reason to believe our offense will be outstanding in this and subsequent years—best since Siefert. FQB locked in for 5 years. Probowl talent at center and both tackles. Do-everything FB. Explosive backfield and effective WR/TE groups. Outstanding OC.

You get what you pay for, and the largest of these contracts are front-loaded. We still have a ton of space. Literally zero reason to complain.
  • evil
  • Veteran
wait I thought SF was cheap

Now we are too loose I guess
When I google a players contract the first link is usually sportrac, so thats what I normally use

Burning through cap space? They still have about $42mil (not sure what, if any, rookie deals have been done). So that gets rolled into next year coupled with a salary cap raise, multiple high $ contracts de-escalating (and will continue to do so), and only Buckners extension on the horizon . So they will still have roughly 80-90 mil in cap space next year as well. Burning through cap space lol
wait I thought SF was cheap

Now we are too loose I guess

How does the team rank in defensive spending? Poor Saleh.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on May 15, 2018 at 7:22 AM ]

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
The offense sucked before Jimmy and then was great with Jimmy. It was all him.

They were ranked 21st before Jimmy, so still a substantial improvement from the previous year. People forget how close they came to beating the Rams with Hoyer at QB in that first game.
Originally posted by valrod33:
When I google a players contract the first link is usually sportrac, so thats what I normally use

If you pay Google they put your related content first. Doesn't mean anything other than that.
Originally posted by GoldBrick:
Crazy considering no WR1 contract.

Most of our top defenders are playing out their rookie contacts, so that explains the cap space.

Need to shed our dead money from last offseason so we can sign/extend our own guys on D.

DeFo is the only looming big money contract on D coming. Tartt already got extended.
Just stick with the facts. Most expensive offense. They need to produce.

One of the facts is that they're front-loading contracts though.

If being first in offensive spending means they should be first in offensive performance next year, what that means is that in two years with the exact same players they should regress to being the 13th best offense, because they're 13th in spending two years from now.
And are you really going to believe Spotrac, who copies all their content over myself, who's been doing this since before Spotrac was a thing?

Yeah I think I'll choose to believe a reputable site like Sportrac over some forum member.

Sure reputable if you consider blatant plagiarism then sure go with them.

Or go with the site that doesn't copy numbers, OverTheCap.com

Yeah I think I will stick with the professional looking business/website without the "THIS IS NOT A TYPICAL DATING SITE!" ads. Only plagiarism I have seen has been on the zone and you posting players associate database contract information on your blog.

Share 49ersWebzone