LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 356 users in the forums

49ers have NFLs most expensive offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners816:
If you took the 1/3 of a season Jimmy was starter and projected an entire season we would have led the league in Yards at 410 ypg and finished 2nd in Points at 28.8 ppg.

In 2017, the 49ers went from 31st to 12th in the NFL in total offense, their second-highest ranking in 14 seasons.

And that was with a shoddy OL, Hoyer/Beathard for most of the season and the team having to sign WR's right off the street. Damn this team has had some s**tty offense for a long time.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If you took the 1/3 of a season Jimmy was starter and projected an entire season we would have led the league in Yards at 410 ypg and finished 2nd in Points at 28.8 ppg.

In 2017, the 49ers went from 31st to 12th in the NFL in total offense, their second-highest ranking in 14 seasons.

And that was with a shoddy OL, Hoyer/Beathard for most of the season and the team having to sign WR's right off the street. Damn this team has had some s**tty offense for a long time.

Hard not to get your hopes up for this season seeing what Jimmy did as the starter..
I'd be happy with being as high as 10th this year.
If the defense can hold there own, we should have a good year.
[ Edited by jeepzilla on May 14, 2018 at 9:49 PM ]
  • thl408
49ers need to step up on their TD celebrations. They are paid a lot and should also put on a well rehearsed celebration for our entertainment. PHI did it last season and won a SB.
Originally posted by thl408:
49ers need to step up on their TD celebrations. They are paid a lot and should also put on a well rehearsed celebration for our entertainment. PHI did it last season and won a SB.

I think your on to something thl.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:

Hard not to get your hopes up for this season seeing what Jimmy did as the starter..
I'd be happy with being as high as 10th this year.
If the defense can hold there own, we should have a good year.

Originally posted by thl408:

• Giedi
  • Veteran

I really am looking forward not only to the regular season, but pre-season. I can see BeatHard hitting Pettis and McKinnon or Williams for a couple of TD's in pre-season that will be on all the pre-season highlights. Hopefully it will inflate his value as a QB! Some of our lesser talented WR's can do some damage in this offense too. I'm looking forward to that in the pre-season as well.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
No more excuses. Better have the #1 offense to go with all that spending.

Top 10

Highest paid QB, highest paid FB, highest paid center, #2 highest paid RB (only behind Bell). Top 10 is a bit embarrassing. Need top 5 at least.

Richburg is not the highest paid center.

And who exactly is going to be embarrassed by having a top 10 ranked offense. The current SB champs ranked 7th overall and were the second most expensive offense meanwhile the most expensive offense belonged to the Steelers.

Facts are hard I know http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/center/ Try to stick to the facts and not troll this place with your obviously false statements trying to incite the good posters of this forum.

My bad, I thought Jensen was. But it is only for this year, again contract structure due to confines of a salary cap.

Still does not change that having top 10 offense in year two of a total rebuild would not be embarrassing. Still does not change the flaw in creating expectations off of what our spending is for this year on offense given teams have to manage a salary cap and thus have to creatively structure deals.

Jensen is, he averages $10.5M, then Brandon Linder at $10,340,600, you go by Average per year, not cash when figuring out the highest paid players

Also Jimmy G is 3rd, McKinnon now 5th, yes highest paid FB, 17th highest LT (Staley), 20th WR (Garcon) and 32nd WR(Goodwin)

Actually it depends on how you want to define highest paid, obviously.

Technically it's APY, that;'s how it's always been, every cap guy who knows the cap goes by APY, not cash or GTD money as highest paid.

I've never seen salary defined in any other way besides APY. That gives you a complete breakdown of what a guy is being paid overall and not just year to year fluctuations.

Westburg is the highest paid center this year in total cash but drops to 11th for 2019, in 2020 he is 7th.

In APY he's 3rd in the league overall.

When sites rank players based on salary, they always use APY as it is the most consistent measurement.

No disrespect to anybody, but it also makes sense to me to use APY. Bonuses and front loading/Back loading really can skew the numbers one way or another and are hard to compare each situation. Add in factors like - likely to be earned bonuses vs Unlikely to be earned bonuses and if you don't average those out and normalize them, you can't really make any conclusions worth anything since the numbers are so different for each contract. Just my two centavos.
Well, I suppose it makes a change from posters moaning that the team is tight and mean.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I really am looking forward not only to the regular season, but pre-season. I can see BeatHard hitting Pettis and McKinnon or Williams for a couple of TD's in pre-season that will be on all the pre-season highlights. Hopefully it will inflate his value as a QB! Some of our lesser talented WR's can do some damage in this offense too. I'm looking forward to that in the pre-season as well.

Hey good point! CJ, Breida, Williams,McNichols,Mostert, Pettis, Bourne, Taylor,James, Dwelley,Hikutini should all get some nice reps
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 15, 2018 at 1:14 AM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Skewed because of front loading Jimmy's salary due to cap room.

Same with Jet. and Staley, etc

True, but it is a concern that they are burning through cap space so quickly. One good thing Baalke did was save cap space, but the Lynch regime is giving out some questionable contracts.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
True, but it is a concern that they are burning through cap space so quickly. One good thing Baalke did was save cap space, but the Lynch regime is giving out some questionable contracts.

Every contract is questionable before the player sets foot on the field.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
Originally posted by captveg:
Skewed because of front loading Jimmy's salary due to cap room.

Same with Jet. and Staley, etc

I'd rather he spend it then never to use it.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Dude! Why ruin a perfectly good thread with this As*hat
Why ruin a perfectly good forum by posting this As*hat
Why ruin a perfectly good interweb by posting this As*hat

God, why ruin an imperfect world by spawning this As*hat?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Well, I suppose it makes a change from posters moaning that the team is tight and mean.

There are posters in here complaining about 49ers being tight with the cash...ya don't say...where are they now???
wait I thought SF was cheap
Share 49ersWebzone