There are 333 users in the forums

49ers have NFLs most expensive offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
And are you really going to believe Spotrac, who copies all their content over myself, who's been doing this since before Spotrac was a thing?

Yeah I think I'll choose to believe a reputable site like Sportrac over some forum member.

Sure reputable if you consider blatant plagiarism then sure go with them.

Or go with the site that doesn't copy numbers, OverTheCap.com

Yeah I think I will stick with the professional looking business/website without the "THIS IS NOT A TYPICAL DATING SITE!" ads. Only plagiarism I have seen has been on the zone and you posting players associate database contract information on your blog.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
And are you really going to believe Spotrac, who copies all their content over myself, who's been doing this since before Spotrac was a thing?

Yeah I think I'll choose to believe a reputable site like Sportrac over some forum member.

Ok, guys, be nice.

AB, your ego is showing.

Reign, stop being a big meanie.

Wodwo, quit sticking your nose where it isn't wanted.

Yeah I think I will stick with the professional looking business/website without the "THIS IS NOT A TYPICAL DATING SITE!" ads. Only plagiarism I have seen has been on the zone and you posting players associate database contract information on your blog.

I don't post on a blog, I post on NinersNation.com, and ask anyone who also does this for their favorite team, they will say the same, Spotrac copies them as well.
I don't post on a blog, I post on NinersNation.com, and ask anyone who also does this for their favorite team, they will say the same, Spotrac copies them as well.

Cool story. Moving on.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Ok, guys, be nice.

AB, your ego is showing.

Reign, stop being a big meanie.

Wodwo, quit sticking your nose where it isn't wanted.

No, not my ego, just get sick of people who keep quoting false information to further their narrative. You don't figure out highest paid players by cash, but by Average Per Year.

Cool story. Moving on.

I feel like you have an issue with me, if you do please say so. I don't get it, I've proven myself over the years, far before that site became a thing.
No, not my ego, just get sick of people who keep quoting false information to further their narrative. You don't figure out highest paid players by cash, but by Average Per Year.

For a self proclaimed expert you sure don't seem to get this salary thing. There is no right or wrong. Just depends on the context.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
No more excuses. Better have the #1 offense to go with all that spending.

Top 10

Highest paid QB, highest paid FB, highest paid center, #2 highest paid RB (only behind Bell). Top 10 is a bit embarrassing. Need top 5 at least.

Richburg is not the highest paid center.

And who exactly is going to be embarrassed by having a top 10 ranked offense. The current SB champs ranked 7th overall and were the second most expensive offense meanwhile the most expensive offense belonged to the Steelers.

Facts are hard I know http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/center/ Try to stick to the facts and not troll this place with your obviously false statements trying to incite the good posters of this forum.

My bad, I thought Jensen was. But it is only for this year, again contract structure due to confines of a salary cap.

Still does not change that having top 10 offense in year two of a total rebuild would not be embarrassing. Still does not change the flaw in creating expectations off of what our spending is for this year on offense given teams have to manage a salary cap and thus have to creatively structure deals.

You're both right in a way but if we're to go by the original post stating 2018 cap dollars than Richburg is #6 with a $9.26M cap hit and Jensen #1 with a $12M cap hit.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/center/

And to get that $120M dollar figure spent in 2018 on offense they're using cap hit, not total cash.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I think you've earned the right to a bit of ego. You put in work to help keep us informed and I appreciate it.

That said, your ego was definitely showing. There was some serious self promotion going on. Nothing wrong it, I was just teasing you.

For a self proclaimed expert you sure don't seem to get this salary thing. There is no right or wrong. Just depends on the context.

Fine don;t take my word, take former agent Joel Corry, who works for CBSSports.com then https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-five-players-who-could-re-set-the-market-value-for-non-quarterbacks/

A little over a year later, Broncos linebacker Von Miller narrowly eclipsed Suh's deal with the six-year, $114.5 million contract he received as a franchise player. Miller became the NFL's highest paid non-quarterback at $19,083,333 per year. The Super Bowl 50 MVP's $70 million in overall guarantees also established a new standard for non-quarterbacks. With $42 million fully guaranteed at signing, Miller ranked third among non-quarterbacks in this metric.

https://overthecap.com/position/edge-rusher

https://www.cbssports.com/writers/joel-corry/

Joel Corry is a former sports agent who helped found Premier Sports & Entertainment, a sports management firm that represents professional athletes and coaches. Before his tenure at Premier, Joel worked for Management Plus Enterprises, which represented Shaquille O'Neal, Hakeem Olajuwon and Ronnie Lott.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on May 14, 2018 at 7:14 PM ]

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

If there is no right or wrong, then there's no need to base expectations on one way over the other.
Jed is gonna be pissed when he finds out
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Jed is gonna be pissed when he finds out

He gonna cut costs.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Never would've guessed that.
front loaded contracts is what skewing the numbers

This. I do think Shanahan will get so much out of this offense for sure
Originally posted by pdizo916:
No more excuses. Better have the #1 offense to go with all that spending.

Top 10

Highest paid QB, highest paid FB, highest paid center, #2 highest paid RB (only behind Bell). Top 10 is a bit embarrassing. Need top 5 at least.

Richburg is not the highest paid center.

And who exactly is going to be embarrassed by having a top 10 ranked offense. The current SB champs ranked 7th overall and were the second most expensive offense meanwhile the most expensive offense belonged to the Steelers.

Facts are hard I know http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/center/ Try to stick to the facts and not troll this place with your obviously false statements trying to incite the good posters of this forum.

My bad, I thought Jensen was. But it is only for this year, again contract structure due to confines of a salary cap.

Still does not change that having top 10 offense in year two of a total rebuild would not be embarrassing. Still does not change the flaw in creating expectations off of what our spending is for this year on offense given teams have to manage a salary cap and thus have to creatively structure deals.

Jensen is, he averages $10.5M, then Brandon Linder at $10,340,600, you go by Average per year, not cash when figuring out the highest paid players

Also Jimmy G is 3rd, McKinnon now 5th, yes highest paid FB, 17th highest LT (Staley), 20th WR (Garcon) and 32nd WR(Goodwin)

Actually it depends on how you want to define highest paid, obviously.

Technically it's APY, that;'s how it's always been, every cap guy who knows the cap goes by APY, not cash or GTD money as highest paid.

I've never seen salary defined in any other way besides APY. That gives you a complete breakdown of what a guy is being paid overall and not just year to year fluctuations.

Westburg is the highest paid center this year in total cash but drops to 11th for 2019, in 2020 he is 7th.

In APY he's 3rd in the league overall.

When sites rank players based on salary, they always use APY as it is the most consistent measurement.
Share 49ersWebzone