LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 339 users in the forums

49ers have NFLs most expensive offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I feel like its heavily skewed cause of Jimmy. But we also have a heavily priced FB, and slightly overpaid RB and paid a pretty penny for an older garcon. Plus the rightful pay raise for Staley.

I knew we had some hefty contracts but to be number 1 doesn't feel that way.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I feel like its heavily skewed cause of Jimmy. But we also have a heavily priced FB, and slightly overpaid RB and paid a pretty penny for an older garcon. Plus the rightful pay raise for Staley.

I knew we had some hefty contracts but to be number 1 doesn't feel that way.

This new regime has really overspent quickly. Hopefully it pays off.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by captveg:
Skewed because of front loading Jimmy's salary due to cap room.

Same with Jet.

Originally posted by 9erReign:
No more excuses. Better have the #1 offense to go with all that spending.

Top 10
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Top 10

Highest paid QB, highest paid FB, highest paid center, #2 highest paid RB (only behind Bell). Top 10 is a bit embarrassing. Need top 5 at least.
I have the 49ers at $120,625,312 in offensive spending

And $72,440,348 in defensive spending.
Spotrac's numbers are incorrect, McKinnon's salary cap number is $6M due to a rare 50% clause that they used on his deal.
This new regime has really overspent quickly. Hopefully it pays off.

They have mainly overspent on the offensive end to get the guys Shanny wants. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this ends up playing out.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Top 10

Highest paid QB, highest paid FB, highest paid center, #2 highest paid RB (only behind Bell). Top 10 is a bit embarrassing. Need top 5 at least.

Richburg is not the highest paid center.

And who exactly is going to be embarrassed by having a top 10 ranked offense. The current SB champs ranked 7th overall and were the second most expensive offense meanwhile the most expensive offense belonged to the Steelers.
And this is exactly why I have a problem with how FA money has been spent under the new regime - grossly overpaying avg players that Shanahan likes.

We have $20M locked into 2 wr's yet don't have a true number 1. We have the 2nd highest paid RB in football who no one considers an every down back, no one considers a top 20 rb, and has never had a 1,000 yd season. We have the highest paid FB in the NFL. We have a top 3 paid C who showed flashes but team let walk because they didn't see him as a cornerstone player.

Yes the optics of the Garropolo deal do somewhat skew these numbers but the above is not skewed. It's like we find these bargain lesser known FA players and pay them like premier players when we should be able to do the opposite and take advantage of being able to make lesser players better in our system. We don't have a mastermind to coach an all-pro defense with lesser players, we do have an offensive mastermind. If anything we should be overpaying on defense and underpaying on offense.

Top 10

And who exactly is going to be embarrassed by having a top 10 ranked offense. The current SB champs ranked 7th overall and were the second most expensive offense meanwhile the most expensive offense belonged to the Steelers.

Facts are hard I know http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/center/ Try to stick to the facts and not troll this place with your obviously false statements trying to incite the good posters of this forum.
If you took the 1/3 of a season Jimmy was starter and projected an entire season we would have led the league in Yards at 410 ypg and finished 2nd in Points at 28.8 ppg.
[ Edited by Niners816 on May 14, 2018 at 5:47 PM ]

Matt Ryan says . So as RBs Freeman, McCoy, Barkley and Centers Jensen and Linder. They all sending their love and said not to forget about them and their contracts.
Don't let your hate blurry your vision from the FACTS buddy!! C'mon Maaaannnn!!!
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on May 14, 2018 at 5:50 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

Top 10

Facts are hard I know http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/center/ Try to stick to the facts and not troll this place with your obviously false statements trying to incite the good posters of this forum.

My bad, I thought Jensen was. But it is only for this year, again contract structure due to confines of a salary cap.

Still does not change that having top 10 offense in year two of a total rebuild would not be embarrassing. Still does not change the flaw in creating expectations off of what our spending is for this year on offense given teams have to manage a salary cap and thus have to creatively structure deals.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Or what?

Time to get a new coach. I mean Jed only cares about winning SB's.

What if they are the #2 offense? That would be an awkward press conference.
Share 49ersWebzone