LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

49ers sign UDFA Coleman Shelton, C Washington

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Heroism:
This kid can scoot. Easy mover to the second level. Shades of Jason Kelce firing out his stance to pull. I was surprised when he ran a 5.2 at the combine. He looks much more athletic than that on tape.

Nice! We need more of these for the top UDFA's.

Shelton. Smash!
His build reminds me a bit of Richie Incognito honestly. Appears to move better on the field that he times. Kind of a squatty frame. OL battle is going to be really interesting to watch. Praying that two clear-cut starters emerge between Tomlinson, Cooper, Garnett, Magnuson, and Shelton.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Quoting myself from another thread on my quick snapshot of Shelton:

One of the better UDFA pickups most people aren't talking about. Played every position along the Washington OL, starting 7 games at right tackle and a full season at left tackle before kicking inside as a junior playing games at both left and right guard. Moved to center his senior year and won his 2nd straight Washington Lineman of the Year award. The only major knock on him is "average" strength, which can be built to NFL standards by our training staff. Also, the strength is not as pivotal for the zone scheme as it is for power. I really, *really* like this kid's chances to make the team.

Already have him making the 53 as a true C behind Richburg with Magnuson moving to G/T depth.

Top 10 C and one of the few with zone blocking experience.

like to read this kind of info
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Quoting myself from another thread on my quick snapshot of Shelton:

One of the better UDFA pickups most people aren't talking about. Played every position along the Washington OL, starting 7 games at right tackle and a full season at left tackle before kicking inside as a junior playing games at both left and right guard. Moved to center his senior year and won his 2nd straight Washington Lineman of the Year award. The only major knock on him is "average" strength, which can be built to NFL standards by our training staff. Also, the strength is not as pivotal for the zone scheme as it is for power. I really, *really* like this kid's chances to make the team.

Already have him making the 53 as a true C behind Richburg with Magnuson moving to G/T depth.

Top 10 C and one of the few with zone blocking experience.

like to read this kind of info

Colman to back up Magnuson at Right Guard if Cooper and Garnett aren't up to snuff (and specially if we lose Garnett to IR this year). Make it happen Kyle!!!
Did I miss something? Garnett get hurt again, and might be put on IR for the 2nd year in a row?
I could see this dude beat out Garnett at the guard position
Is he taking snaps at guard? I've only seen him at center. If that's all he's playing, he's a longshot to make the 53 with Person and Magnuson's versatility.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
I could see this dude beat out Garnett at the guard position

I hope he does.
This kid can scoot. Easy mover to the second level. Shades of Jason Kelce firing out his stance to pull. I was surprised when he ran a 5.2 at the combine. He looks much more athletic than that on tape.

All I can think about on this clip is how badly the Arby f**ked up that run. They had it blocked for him
Is he taking snaps at guard? I've only seen him at center. If that's all he's playing, he's a longshot to make the 53 with Person and Magnuson's versatility.

I don't think so...just C. If Person wasn't brought in, he'd have a legit shot to make the 53. PS most likely.

I don't think so...just C. If Person wasn't brought in, he'd have a legit shot to make the 53. PS most likely.

I don't know if Magnuson makes it this year either unless he beats out Gilliam or Person. I don't have neither making the 53. Praying we can stash both doe.
Share 49ersWebzone