There are 146 users in the forums

UDFA Tarvarus McFadden, CB FSU

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dude looked like he was stoned out of his mind during today's interview.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Damn hearing his interview you can really tell how pissed he was. Some guys are happy to make the team as an UDFA, he's not. Hoping he brings the heat.

Nice to hear
Originally posted by Heroism:

Thanks Reuben

Lol eyes were just red AF.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GoldBrick:
This. No one should feel good about our #26th rated pass rush, which, unless marsh or Attaochu ball out in sub packages, looks to be little improved this year.

I was b***hing about it all thru the draft process the issue was there wasn't s**t at pass rusher in this draft outside of like 3 guys imo. Sweat over Streets in the 4fh should have been the move but I don't even think he's really that good.

Can only draft the players that are in the draft.

Agreed. Hopefully the guys we have step up.

I think offense is going to be really good, but D might still be a few pieces away.

Looked pretty pissed off about not getting drafted, get that chip on your shoulder boy! Learn the scheme from Sherman.

Man he could be a steal all said and done.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This. No one should feel good about our #26th rated pass rush, which, unless marsh or Attaochu ball out in sub packages, looks to be little improved this year.

I was b***hing about it all thru the draft process the issue was there wasn't s**t at pass rusher in this draft outside of like 3 guys imo. Sweat over Streets in the 4fh should have been the move but I don't even think he's really that good.

Can only draft the players that are in the draft.

Agreed. Hopefully the guys we have step up.

I think offense is going to be really good, but D might still be a few pieces away.

I remember 1980, Bill's offense was taking shape - it could score, but dang it, his defense could not keep a lead. Then in 1981, he built the defense, and the rest is history.

Is the 49ers following a similar trajectory? I think JImmy short cut the rebuild process by a year or more, and we're in between 1980 and 1981, meaning we have the offense and we have half of a defense (DB and Linebacker, and some D LIne, but missing that all important edge rusher).
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
With our mediocre pass rush this kid could get toasted.

some think all of a sudden because lynch did not address pass rusher in the draft the pass rush is now over rated. but you are right. i hope people are not to harsh on our secondary. if we struggle to rush the passer and the secondary starts to get lit up

Who thinks the pass rush is overrated? It's a weakness for sure unless otherwise proven.

the guy who rolled out some stat talking about how some teams won the super bowl with little pass rush and then the long list of guys who agreed with him. its just kind of funny to me we have what many think is a weakness in our team. it does not get addressed by lynch and suddenly those same people think its not a problem anymore. i admire lynchs powers to sway public opinion by doing nothing. its a gift . now before i hear examples?... before the draft many thought we needed a strong running back to score from within the five yard line. never picked one up and now those same people say its all good. we have joe williams. before the draft we needed a larger bodied wide out to help us with red zone offense. never happened. now those people say. well big wide outs are over rated. same with pass rusher. it is amusing to me

A lot of good ideas on the free agency and trades boards trying to solve the edge rusher problem, and there is a possibility that ShanaLynch can swing a Jimmy Garappolo kind of trade deal with a good edge rusher later in the offseason or towards the beginning of the season. I'm with the folks that were disappointed that we didn't at least draft an edge rusher in this draft, but at the same time, knowing that it was a weak edge rusher class. Next year, so says our resident draft experts, is the real deal with regards to edge rushers. I hope we can get one in the draft next year - despite us probably drafting in the high twenties. Of course, that doesn't solve the current edge rusher problem we have.
I am recalling the Bill Walsh quote about draft picks when considering McFadden:

(paraphrasing)

It doesn't matter what round they were picked in just tell me how they help my football team.

We all know how McFadden can fit into the 53 man roster he just needs to prove it out on the field and he is going to get the same opportunity to prove he can play corner as the 3rd round pick with the 4.32 speed. The difference is that Moore can move to FS as well as provide special teams value if he doesn't pan out at outside corner whereas you'd think that McFadden has to make the 53 as the 3rd or 4th outside corner and on special teams coverage.

Same thing with Pettis. It is history now that he was a 2nd round pick and frankly its now about how Shanny uses him as part of the offence and how he might help special teams. Same deal with James and Taylor as back up WRs to Goodwin and Garcon.

The players who will help the team win more this season and down the road will be on the 53 - pure and simple - Walsh would have approved.
Originally posted by British9er:
I am recalling the Bill Walsh quote about draft picks when considering McFadden:

(paraphrasing)

It doesn't matter what round they were picked in just tell me how they help my football team.

We all know how McFadden can fit into the 53 man roster he just needs to prove it out on the field and he is going to get the same opportunity to prove he can play corner as the 3rd round pick with the 4.32 speed. The difference is that Moore can move to FS as well as provide special teams value if he doesn't pan out at outside corner whereas you'd think that McFadden has to make the 53 as the 3rd or 4th outside corner and on special teams coverage.

Same thing with Pettis. It is history now that he was a 2nd round pick and frankly its now about how Shanny uses him as part of the offence and how he might help special teams. Same deal with James and Taylor as back up WRs to Goodwin and Garcon.

The players who will help the team win more this season and down the road will be on the 53 - pure and simple - Walsh would have approved.

and apparently its McFadden's Moma's fault if he doesn't make the 53. Seems harsh but I don't know Mrs McFadden so its difficult to argue with her own son's assessment.

he has MCFADDEN for a last name. that right there is all you need to know
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm really pulling for this kid - I hope it works out for him.

I think he was tired and is a little pissed off. Which is a good thing. I think this kid will have a future and impact here.
He will be the best player out of all the Rookies. You heard it here first
Originally posted by valrod33:
He will be the best player out of all the Rookies. You heard it here first

Share 49ersWebzone