There are 152 users in the forums

UDFA Tarvarus McFadden, CB FSU

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I really hope Sherman takes this kid under his wing. Stash him on the PS for a year and I think this kid can compete and have a career here with the 49ers. Can't teach his size and ball skills.

Honestly don't think you can stash him on the PS.

He would be picked off our PS almost immediately. He has to be on our roster to keep him.

Phantom injury and stash, if he looks good in pre season.

No way, I don't see why you'd "stash" him? Who we keeping over him on the active roster? Greg Mabin

He's a two yr starter at FSU not some scrub college
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 2, 2018 at 7:30 AM ]
Moore is an intriguing prospect given his raw athleticism, but if only one of these guys develops into Sherman's successor, my money is on McFadden.

It's understabdable that he went undrafted. He simply can't play CB in the NFL for most teams with his lack of inline speed; in a press 3, however, that's far less important so long as he uses his length and technique to stay on top. If a receiver gets a free release, McFadden just isn't going to be fast enough to stay on his hip. Bad news. Fortunately, an outside CB in a press 3 shouldn't find himself in that situation.

He can learn from the literal prototype in Dick Sherman. I think he's got a shot. I hope he comes in hungry w/a big ass chip on his shoulder.
Originally posted by GoldBrick:
Moore is an intriguing prospect given his raw athleticism, but if only one of these guys develops into Sherman's successor, my money is on McFadden.

It's understabdable that he went undrafted. He simply can't play CB in the NFL for most teams with his lack of inline speed; in a press 3, however, that's far less important so long as he uses his length and technique to stay on top. If a receiver gets a free release, McFadden just isn't going to be fast enough to stay on his hip. Bad news. Fortunately, an outside CB in a press 3 shouldn't find himself in that situation.

He can learn from the literal prototype in Dick Sherman. I think he's got a shot. I hope he comes in hungry w/a big ass chip on his shoulder.

Totally agree.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Phantom injury and stash, if he looks good in pre season.

I don't think we'd need to stash him. Very few teams run a system in which McFadden would be effective. Besides, we're paper thin outside. If he looks good in TC and preseason, he makes the 53.
With our mediocre pass rush this kid could get toasted.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

some think all of a sudden because lynch did not address pass rusher in the draft the pass rush is now over rated. but you are right. i hope people are not to harsh on our secondary. if we struggle to rush the passer and the secondary starts to get lit up
Originally posted by cciowa:

some think all of a sudden because lynch did not address pass rusher in the draft the pass rush is now over rated. but you are right. i hope people are not to harsh on our secondary. if we struggle to rush the passer and the secondary starts to get lit up

Who thinks the pass rush is overrated? It's a weakness for sure unless otherwise proven.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Who thinks the pass rush is overrated? It's a weakness for sure unless otherwise proven.

the guy who rolled out some stat talking about how some teams won the super bowl with little pass rush and then the long list of guys who agreed with him. its just kind of funny to me we have what many think is a weakness in our team. it does not get addressed by lynch and suddenly those same people think its not a problem anymore. i admire lynchs powers to sway public opinion by doing nothing. its a gift . now before i hear examples?... before the draft many thought we needed a strong running back to score from within the five yard line. never picked one up and now those same people say its all good. we have joe williams. before the draft we needed a larger bodied wide out to help us with red zone offense. never happened. now those people say. well big wide outs are over rated. same with pass rusher. it is amusing to me

This. No one should feel good about our #26th rated pass rush, which, unless marsh or Attaochu ball out in sub packages, looks to be little improved this year.

Originally posted by GoldBrick:
This. No one should feel good about our #26th rated pass rush, which, unless marsh or Attaochu ball out in sub packages, looks to be little improved this year.

I was b***hing about it all thru the draft process the issue was there wasn't s**t at pass rusher in this draft outside of like 3 guys imo. Sweat over Streets in the 4fh should have been the move but I don't even think he's really that good.

Can only draft the players that are in the draft.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kid just made the team.

#VisitsMatter
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Hold on a minute. People shouldn't be harsh on the secondary, but it is ok for you to be harsh on almost everything else without a single game played yet? Lol. Sure.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Dudes, we have Cassius Marsh, we're GUCCI.
Damn hearing his interview you can really tell how pissed he was. Some guys are happy to make the team as an UDFA, he's not. Hoping he brings the heat.
Share 49ersWebzone