There are 169 users in the forums

UDFA Tarvarus McFadden, CB FSU

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, he really does compare favorably to Sherman.

Only in size...Sherman is smarter and can catch the ball better as a former WR...he also ran a much better 4.56 at the combine and between a 4.4 and 4.53 at his proday.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
4.58 at Pro Day

I don't think that was official. There is some irregularity on that...

"I saw where someone said Tarvarus McFadden did well. Well, I'm not sure that person attended the same pro day I did. His 40 time was no faster than 4.58 – some had him in the 4.6's – and he didn't look that much improved from the combine."

http://gridironnow.com/florida-state-pro-day-rundown/

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1002674&draftyear=2019&genpos=cb (First paragraph. I can't get it to copy and paste off my phone.)

One scout had him at 4.65 in the 40.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 30, 2018 at 4:15 AM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Sunshine:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
First off I'm shocked this guy didn't get drafted.

6'2 199 pounds coming out of FSU, this guy was once considered one of the top cornerback prospects in college football (his sophomore season).

Big and lanky this guy has excellent ball skills, and reminds me a lot of Richard Sherman (in terms of body size, athleticism, and ball skills)

I think we may have found a diamond here boys!
Sounds too good to go undrafted. Why did he go undrafted?

I think I read he ran a 4.68 40yd dash
Only two other CB's and Safeties were slower than him at the combine.

He reminds me of Brandon Browner in this scheme. Browner lacked long speed but had length and good technique at the LOS.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I think he is an excellent fit in this scheme. Probably reason #2 for why he was undrafted. his speed and he would be very scheme dependent. guaranteed if we didn't get him, seattle, atl, jax, or LA chargers wouldve snagged him.

Wow really excited about this dude! Definite upgrade over Mabin
He seems like the perfect cover 3 CB until the ball is in the air. His balls skills are horrible.

Originally posted by Joecool:
He seems like the perfect cover 3 CB until the ball is in the air. His balls skills are horrible.

Not in 2016. Led the nation in picks with 8
Shocked this kid did not get drafted. I hope he turns out to be a Ian Williams type UFA signing for us.

Wut? That's actually one of the things he's very good at.

If he has a shot in the NFL, it's w/a team like the niners. You're supposed to stay on top in a press 3. Doesn't take elite speed if you have the requisite length and technique.

Still, a 4.7 is tough. Hopefully, he plays a lot faster.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Wut? That's actually one of the things he's very good at.

Ball thrown in front of him yes but if he's forced to track a ball over his shoulder he looks completely lost.

Probably to focused on trying to not get burned...
[ Edited by jcs on Apr 30, 2018 at 12:25 PM ]
Originally posted by GoldBrick:
If he has a shot in the NFL, it's w/a team like the niners. You're supposed to stay on top in a press 3. Doesn't take elite speed if you have the requisite length and technique.

His pro day was a 4:57 which isn't bad for cover 3. We pretty much need 3 free safety type of players in our defensive backfield. It makes it lockdown if the FS is crazy fast or has great instincts and can go sideline to sideline. Go Colbert!

McFadden seems to be a good fit for this D.
Originally posted by GoldBrick:

His pro day was a 4:57 which isn't bad for cover 3. We pretty much need 3 free safety type of players in our defensive backfield. It makes it lockdown if the FS is crazy fast or has great instincts and can go sideline to sideline. Go Colbert!

McFadden seems to be a good fit for this D.

Word. Hope he sticks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lol 4.67 that's slow TE speed. He's toast in the nfl.
Share 49ersWebzone