LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

UDFA Tarvarus McFadden, CB FSU

Shop Find 49ers gear online
yep CB backpedal not required, they are taught the bail technique in this scheme... back to the sidelines and run vertically with outside leverage, while peeking in the backfield
Battling Powell and Mabin for the last CB spot IMO. I got him in the lead based on ceiling, Powell seems to be in the lead though. Pre-season is going to be HUGE for all 3.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Smokes back.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Smokes back.

I missed y'all so much lolz. Was afraid to catch up and figured a break and letting the action brew wouldn't be a bad thing haha. Thanks for the love Mayo.
One of the 5 guys I'm intrigued and excited to watch the most in pre season.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
One of the 5 guys I'm intrigued and excited to watch the most in pre season.

I agree. Tarvarius Moore as well. Seeing how Ward looks as Sherm insurance, Chanceller James can be added to the list. Don't sleep on Powell or Mabin either. Powell seems to be in the lead for the possible last CB spot.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Battling Powell and Mabin for the last CB spot IMO. I got him in the lead based on ceiling, Powell seems to be in the lead though. Pre-season is going to be HUGE for all 3.

Same here I have him as the 6th CB behind Sherman, Witherspoon, Williams, Reed, and Moore(I have Ward as a S/CB, I know Reed is playing FS, but I see him as a SCB, either way McFadden would be 6th then with Ward as a CB). I think a guy like Moseley will be a PSquader.

Can't wait to see some of the young UDFAs tonight.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
looking good or bad in practices is one thing, but game time ON switch is another..

THE RED CAPES ARE COMIN !! THE RED CAPES ARE COMIN !!!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Same here I have him as the 6th CB behind Sherman, Witherspoon, Williams, Reed, and Moore(I have Ward as a S/CB, I know Reed is playing FS, but I see him as a SCB, either way McFadden would be 6th then with Ward as a CB). I think a guy like Moseley will be a PSquader.

Can't wait to see some of the young UDFAs tonight.

Yessir! Pulling for McFadden who really at one point was seen as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Yessir! Pulling for McFadden who really at one point was seen as a 1st rounder.

FTFY

So happy this guy is making an impression, I feel even if he doesn't make our squad he'll get picked up by someone hungry for depth at CB.
This kid went from a 1st round pick to undrafted, you know the hunger is there
Whoops, I meant to post this in the Tarvarius Moore thread.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 9, 2018 at 3:43 PM ]
  • thl408
You guys are making me hyped for him. Is he like an AJ Bouye type of UDFA? That'd be great.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'll be surprised if this guy looks even slightly competent. I can't imagine how difficult the transition is for him. There's so much technique he has to learn.

Honestly, I expect to look a little like Rashard out there, especially on anything vertical from press.

Powell & Mabin are ahead of the depth chart, that's why pre-season will be huge for TMac like Bourne last year. He has to make plays.
Yessir! Pulling for McFadden who really at one point was seen as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

2nd round was his floor, he was going to be one of the first CBs drafted
Share 49ersWebzone