LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

WR Richie James

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JD81:
Myself and the guys at the #ForeverFaithfulPodcast recently interviewed the 49ers' rookie....Take a listen!

Well done boys! Rich James is going to be a stud.
Rich "Don't call me Rick" James.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Myself and the guys at the #ForeverFaithfulPodcast recently interviewed the 49ers' rookie....Take a listen!

Hey it's jd from twitter and YouTube what's up
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Broseph6:
Hey it's jd from twitter and YouTube what's up

Yep...That's me. Sup?
This guy is going to surprise a lot of people
Originally posted by goodthings19:

Yeah I agree. I like Trent but frankly I think James is better for the slot role because of his home run ability. I'm not in the camp of getting rid of Trent though, just wouldn't mind James taking his snaps away
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

He could be a super freak. "Freaky" Richie James.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 6, 2018 at 11:37 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by goodthings19:

Yeah I agree. I like Trent but frankly I think James is better for the slot role because of his home run ability. I'm not in the camp of getting rid of Trent though, just wouldn't mind James taking his snaps away

Competition at WR is going to be crazy in camp this year.
Got his helmet ripped off, made the contested catch, got YAC like it ain't no thang?

Welcome kid!!!

You guys keep hyping up all these late round picks and UDFA idk what to think lol
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on May 7, 2018 at 7:52 AM ]

This was by far my favorite selection in the 2018 draft (Warner and Reed were my next favorites). I was pounding the table for Anthony Miller but James in rd 7 is a phenomenal consolation prize as I don't see much dropoff between the two. He's quick, separates, and plays big to win contested catches.

Despite what everyone says I don't think he's a threat to Trent Taylor - I think he's our longterm solution for the Taylor Gabriel role and will be what Aldrick Robinson served as a stop gap for. Taylor likely was over-used at times due to injuries but he has a very specific role on this team as a slot wr and chains mover. James has the top end speed that Taylor doesn't but Taylor has the superior 3 cone quickness that endears him to that specific role.

I'm guessing this is Garcon's last yr as a 49er and see a pretty good young core of speed and separators in Goodwin, Pettis, Taylor, James and Bourne - all of which are upper echilon 3 cone players which IMO is the most important physical attribute in a Shannahan WR.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on May 7, 2018 at 8:57 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
hope he makes gene washington proud
I kind of hope I'm wrong but I think James has a bigger impact on this team than Pettis does as a rookie.
Share 49ersWebzone