LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

WR Richie James

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I am more than fine letting Taylor+Bourne walk in FA. Bourne drops to many passes, and is slow, not to mention not worth 3+ million a year with what our cap situation will be this off season. Samuel+Aiyuk our the 1-2, while we can roll with James+Hurd (until he's hurt) as 3-4, with lots of backend guys like Jennings+White+late round pick in 2021 draft, or some UDFA's.

Agree.

Exactly
Give him a chance as the slot guy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I am more than fine letting Taylor+Bourne walk in FA. Bourne drops to many passes, and is slow, not to mention not worth 3+ million a year with what our cap situation will be this off season. Samuel+Aiyuk our the 1-2, while we can roll with James+Hurd (until he's hurt) as 3-4, with lots of backend guys like Jennings+White+late round pick in 2021 draft, or some UDFA's.

Agree.

Agree with all but hurd.. please tap the brakes on him and do not assume anything on him. you guys also forget about travis benjamin.. yes i know. tape the brakes cc.. but unlike hurd. the guy does have a decent nfl resume esp in the kick return thing... i think a mid round pick for a nice wide out is a must and while the x cardinal guy we got is ok.. i hope there is a decent vet wide out we can sign for cheap
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Agree.

Agree with all but hurd.. please tap the brakes on him and do not assume anything on him. you guys also forget about travis benjamin.. yes i know. tape the brakes cc.. but unlike hurd. the guy does have a decent nfl resume esp in the kick return thing... i think a mid round pick for a nice wide out is a must and while the x cardinal guy we got is ok.. i hope there is a decent vet wide out we can sign for cheap

Depending on the $$ I'd be interested in TY Hilton. Savvy vet who's had some big years in Indy. I'm sure guys like Aiyuk and Deebo would benefit from having Hilton around
This dude is underutilized in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:

thank god the over rated taylor is out of here
I thought he'd be a much better returner
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:

I completely agree.
One of the bigger issues with him is he can't really block due to his size. Niners don't run multi-WR sets often and in one-receiver formations that need blocking, you always wanted Deebo or Bourne - your best WR blockers.

It always was weird to me - for as much running the ball this team does, the WRs Shanahan likes are all small and quick. Deebo is an exception,but most of the WRs on the roster now aren't big enough to block well on run plays.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
One of the bigger issues with him is he can't really block due to his size. Niners don't run multi-WR sets often and in one-receiver formations that need blocking, you always wanted Deebo or Bourne - your best WR blockers.

It always was weird to me - for as much running the ball this team does, the WRs Shanahan likes are all small and quick. Deebo is an exception,but most of the WRs on the roster now aren't big enough to block well on run plays.

They are picking Jalen Hurd and Jauan Jennings but neither has been healthy

i like how he catches. easily i would drop 1.2m for him. with incentives.
I'd like to see Cordarelle Patterson on this roster
[ Edited by boomer49er on Mar 19, 2021 at 2:24 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boomer49er:
I'd like to see Cordarelle Patterson on this roster

BEEN saying this for the past 2 years.. he would have been our best TRUE returner for the team IMO..
James has an opportunity to break out this year and have a much bigger role. Think we will see much more of him.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on May 6, 2021 at 8:22 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:

They are picking Jalen Hurd and Jauan Jennings but neither has been healthy

That's a good point about how the 49er WRs need to be willing blockers. This is perhaps more true for whomever is primarily playing the slot since the slot WR is very much in the thick of the action on run plays. The three top WRs on the team will all get snaps at the slot since that's how Kyle uses his WRs. If RJames wins the third WR spot, it's possible Deebo becomes the primary slot WR when the 49ers use 3WR sets and James comes in as an outside WR.
Share 49ersWebzone