LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

WR Richie James

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the team kept toads like pettis and taylor and hoped they would be better. i wish we would just stop with hoping and wishing with players
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
"WR Richie James had more receiving yards (184) in Week 9 than his total output in either of his first two seasons." — Nate Davis

Originally posted by FL9er:
"WR Richie James had more receiving yards (184) in Week 9 than his total output in either of his first two seasons." — Nate Davis

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
the team kept toads like pettis and taylor and hoped they would be better. i wish we would just stop with hoping and wishing with players

Fans : Dump that player because he hasn't done s**t in 2 years.

Also fans : Sign that released played even though he has been a bust since he entered the league 4 years ago.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Cannon.

Originally posted by Allx9er:
The question is does rj gonna see the field more as a result of the last game.

Meh.. maybe. GB was pretty lax on Defense with their coverage. They didn't want to give up the big plays so a lot of soft zone.
He was our only WR lol so of course he was going to get the most looks.
I wouldn't put much into last game. How many times before this game say last year where he was open and dropped the ball.
If he was super legit good he'd be ahead of Bourne.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The only thing I noticed from that video was Mike Iupati blowing his block and rookie Anthony Davis getting pancaked.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Cannon.

I thought Davisbwas the future. Still don't understand why he didn't get a real look.
People are so addicted to fantasy stats not football. Crazy s**t
Richie has been better than Trent Taylor since he got drafted. It was needed to every other receiver to be on either IR or covid list to give the kid finally a chance. He will be the WR3 from now on, watch.

I always felt James deserved more chances, but let's slow down on the WR3 talk. I need him to make a critical play in a big time situation before we crown him.
I am more than fine letting Taylor+Bourne walk in FA. Bourne drops to many passes, and is slow, not to mention not worth 3+ million a year with what our cap situation will be this off season. Samuel+Aiyuk our the 1-2, while we can roll with James+Hurd (until he's hurt) as 3-4, with lots of backend guys like Jennings+White+late round pick in 2021 draft, or some UDFA's.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I always felt James deserved more chances, but let's slow down on the WR3 talk. I need him to make a critical play in a big time situation before we crown him.
The potential is there as we witnessed against Green Bay. While Samuel is out I would start him ahead of Bourne. If he continues to show production when even if it's not like the one he had against Green Bay then he has to be in line to play over Bourne as the #3 when Samuel returns. His one flaw could be that he doesn't have the desire to block as he does to go out and make a catch and therefore being buried in the depth chart previously. At this point I don't see a downside in making him the #3 wide out. Maybe he'll improve with his blocking.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I am more than fine letting Taylor+Bourne walk in FA. Bourne drops to many passes, and is slow, not to mention not worth 3+ million a year with what our cap situation will be this off season. Samuel+Aiyuk our the 1-2, while we can roll with James+Hurd (until he's hurt) as 3-4, with lots of backend guys like Jennings+White+late round pick in 2021 draft, or some UDFA's.

Agree.
I'm Rick James b***h! Hopefully he has another good game so he can take over for Bourne. I like Bourne in the red zone and on third downs but James may be the better option as our 3rd wr. Especially since we may not have enough money to spend on him in FA.
Share 49ersWebzone