There are 158 users in the forums

49ers draft WR Richie James Middle Tennessee

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I love Trent... But say if you can move him for a pass rusher?


4th or 5th? Dude was a 5th and showed he can play and catch everything. His value is higher than that ESPECIALLY making peanuts, literally, for the next 3 years.

Funny thing is Denver can use a slot, but I'm not trading Trent for Ray/barrett imo. NE could use him cause they like having 2 slots, but I dunno. They really don't have pass rushers.

And it's not all about James, it's the addition of Pettis and Bourne being a good up the middle/slant guy.

You're completely over valueing Trent lol. He's a good player for our scheme and a few other schemes. But what kinda pass rusher you think you're getting for him? Definitely not Ray. Would be a terrible trade for them. And they have Sanders in the slot killin it when he's healthy.

Ray could be a one year rental,thats big when making a trade for someone you might not think is better than top 3 edge rushers already on team.
He's going to be a standout guy in camp and pre-season but it will still be hard for him to make the team. Hopefully we can stash him on the PS for a year
Originally posted by Awake:
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
Taylor being underestimated by this board. He's proven himself, and has great chemistry with Jimmy G. James is not the better slot wr over Taylor till he proves it. Ridiculous to already be talking trading Taylor.

Taylor is good. He's a great slot receiver. Buts that's it tho, he's just a great slot. James has the potential to do that plus more.

The dude is a straight baller if he's healthy

Why in the world can you not have both on the team?

Garcon
Goodwin
Pettis
Taylor
Bourne
James

We usually carry 6 guys
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Ray could be a one year rental,thats big when making a trade for someone you might not think is better than top 3 edge rushers already on team.

Taylor for Ray come on meow. Denver drafted Sutton and Hamliton anyway
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Awake:
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
Taylor being underestimated by this board. He's proven himself, and has great chemistry with Jimmy G. James is not the better slot wr over Taylor till he proves it. Ridiculous to already be talking trading Taylor.

Taylor is good. He's a great slot receiver. Buts that's it tho, he's just a great slot. James has the potential to do that plus more.

The dude is a straight baller if he's healthy

Why in the world can you not have both on the team?

Garcon
Goodwin
Pettis
Taylor
Bourne
James

We usually carry 6 guys

That's exactly what I have.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Ray could be a one year rental,thats big when making a trade for someone you might not think is better than top 3 edge rushers already on team.

Come on Smokes...you know this.
I'm going to lol so hard if James skips ahead of Pettis on the depth chart at WR.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,629
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Awake:
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
Taylor being underestimated by this board. He's proven himself, and has great chemistry with Jimmy G. James is not the better slot wr over Taylor till he proves it. Ridiculous to already be talking trading Taylor.

Taylor is good. He's a great slot receiver. Buts that's it tho, he's just a great slot. James has the potential to do that plus more.

The dude is a straight baller if he's healthy

Why in the world can you not have both on the team?

Garcon
Goodwin
Pettis
Taylor
Bourne
James

We usually carry 6 guys

That's exactly what I have.

That lineup gonna give DCs and even top defenses headaches #BOOKIT
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Awake:
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
Taylor being underestimated by this board. He's proven himself, and has great chemistry with Jimmy G. James is not the better slot wr over Taylor till he proves it. Ridiculous to already be talking trading Taylor.

Taylor is good. He's a great slot receiver. Buts that's it tho, he's just a great slot. James has the potential to do that plus more.

The dude is a straight baller if he's healthy

Why in the world can you not have both on the team?

Garcon
Goodwin
Pettis
Taylor
Bourne
James

We usually carry 6 guys

So much this. If James makes it (he will) he will be IA for most of the season. He offers nothing on ST that Taylor doesn't do better (PR).

You don't trade valuable starters because of a guy you just drafted in the 7th round. I'm a huge fan of James, but even I know he has a long way to go. I will say that he and Taylor both have that bulldog in them that Shanahan and Lynch like.
Originally posted by GMniner805:
I'm going to lol so hard if James skips ahead of Pettis on the depth chart at WR.

Not sure I'll laugh, but certainly won't be upset. It would most likely mean we found a gem in later rounds.

I see Goodwin, Taylor, James having the same type of skill sets. Pettis and Bourne are similar with bigger size and speed combo. Garçon and Dunbar the physical not speed type.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 5, 2018 at 10:21 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by GMniner805:
I'm going to lol so hard if James skips ahead of Pettis on the depth chart at WR.

Not sure I'll laugh, but certainly won't be upset. It would most likely mean we found a gem in later rounds.

The raw production at receiver so early in his college career is pretty remarkable -- 1300+ and 1600+ yards and a ton of touchdowns as a freshman and a sophomore. Fearless over the middle. Great hands. Above average speed. If James can step in and play like that his first year in the NFL, we've got ourselves a potential star. Kid reminds me so much of T.Y. Hilton it's crazy. Height and weight identical, bigger hands than Hilton, slightly shorter arms by .75" and not quite as fast, but the similarities in their playstyle are really striking.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 5, 2018 at 1:19 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The raw production at receiver so early in his college career is pretty remarkable -- 1300+ and 1600+ yards and a ton of touchdowns as a freshman and a sophomore. Fearless over the middle. Great hands. Above average speed. If James can step in and play like that his first year in the NFL, we've got ourselves a potential star. Kid reminds me so much of T.Y. Hilton it's crazy. Height and weight identical, bigger hands than Hilton, slightly shorter arms by .75" and not quite as fast, but the similarities in their playstyle are really striking.

Nice write-up. I also noticed James running the ball quite a bit on his highlights (on reverses, directly out of the backfield and as a QB out of the wildcat) He could be a real weapon for Shanny to have.
Buwahahahahha-you gotta love this time of year when fans get bat $hit stupid. Trade him because of who we got in the draft.

Anointing James or Pettis over someone who has proven himself and is cheap and has a chemistry with Jimmy and who moved the chains last year. Bad move.

Another thing, as last year proved, you can not have enough players. There is no sure thing that the player you get in a trade will work in this system either.

Also fans are still playing the generalizing and boxing in a player at a position. This just gives Kyle the ability in sub packages with looks and designs that the other side has not seen and options that can be branched off. Spreading the D so that the run game can work also with more efficiency.

Anointing James after one or two rookie practices? Let's wait till we begin the season after going thru camps with the big boys. Or have not you fans learned from past anointments? Too many false prophets-haha. Remember he broke his collarbone twice. Could be Ellington 2.0, talent, but never healthy enough to prove it.

SMH
[ Edited by WildBill on May 5, 2018 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by miked1978:
Kyle Shannahan doesnt care about tall recievers. The sooner you realize this the sooner we can stop having heartburn over height.

Not his primary attribute but he liked J Jones in Atlanta, 6'3". He just likes guys who can get open and catch the ball. Pettis and James evidently fit that bill.
Share 49erswebzone