LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

WR Richie James

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
James >>> pettis

Pettis can score or flip the field for us as a return man though, and who cares who's better since we got them both?
You have Garçon, Goodwin, Taylor, and Pettis essentially guaranteed a roster spot. Bourne looked really good in the second half of the season. James might make the team as a sixth receiver or they might try to stash him on the PS.

I think drafting James and Pettis shows that Shanahan wants more from the slot. Taylor was sure handed and a fantastic third down guy, but his speed makes him unable to break one very often. Pettis and James can take a short slant or shallow curl to the house. I think Taylor's ability to consistently get open in tight spaces has value and keeps him on the roster, but both of these guys will take snaps away.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Adios Trent Taylor

Trent Taylor isn't going anywhere

if he does its to the pats

hes not going anywhere
Excited to see this guy in Shanny's O. Training camp and preseason should be fun. Hope he's got that fire to compete hard.
won't make the team
Looks like a good, natural football playmaker. I think he will end up sticking as our 5th or 6th WR and will have a career here.
Originally posted by FaTaL:
His battle with Bourne will be epic

More like with Bolden?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
This little f**ker is a football player...thread with clips

[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 4, 2018 at 3:05 PM ]

Practice squad material
  • Awake
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Practice squad material

More like putting Trent Taylor to practice squad (jk). But in all seriousness, he's a more dynamic player than Trent. Has very similar quickness plus top end speed.

Trent runs a 4.63
Richie James.: 4.48

And remember, McFadden didn't get drafted because he ran slow.
[ Edited by Awake on May 4, 2018 at 3:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Awake:
Practice squad material

More like putting Trent Taylor to practice squad (jk). But in all seriousness, he's a more dynamic player than Trent. Has very similar quickness plus top end speed.

Trent runs a 4.63
Richie James.: 4.48

And remember, McFadden didn't get drafted because he ran slow.

Just a numbers game to me. We have 12 wide receivers on the roster. Trent had a surprisingly good year and he's only 23; I don't see him going anywhere.

Edit: I see 4 spots locked, 2 open + ps. I'm guessing those 2 open spots are going to be a real dogfight.
[ Edited by RTFirefly on May 4, 2018 at 4:04 PM ]
  • Awake
Just a numbers game to me. We have 12 wide receivers on the roster. Trent had a surprisingly good year and he's only 23; I don't see him going anywhere.

Edit: I see 4 spots locked, 2 open + ps. I'm guessing those 2 open spots are going to be a real dogfight.

The problem is that Trent doesn't have the speed to play any other position besides "slot." As opposed to Richie James, Kyle can line him up anywhere, even as running back.
This dude getting some big hype...run away with it Richie.

I smell a WR trade down the road.. Atta boy Shanny.
Share 49ersWebzone