There are 253 users in the forums

WR Richie James

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
CRAZY LEGGSSS JAMES OVER GOOD!!!
Just keeps looking better as a receiver. I think he's getting close to roster lock status with his combined receiving/return skills.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Just keeps looking better as a receiver. I think he's getting close to roster lock status with his combined receiving/return skills.
This. Versatile and effective.
Cut this guy if you're a dummy

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 24, 2019 at 6:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Beast
Been saying it since camp started. This guy needs to be on the team for special teams alone. Now he's making plays all over the field. His route running has improved.
[ Edited by lamontb on Aug 24, 2019 at 6:10 PM ]
I really like this guy. Developing nicely. I know he doesn't have the ideal size, but got to find a way to keep him on the team.
Baller.
James vs Bourne vs Matthews. Not easy but I think it should be James over Bourne over Matthews.
Originally posted by Heroism:

so cut bourne?

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
No way he doesn't make it
Originally posted by genus49:
James vs Bourne vs Matthews. Not easy but I think it should be James over Bourne over Matthews.

To me its pretty easy. James is the most explosive and the most versatile. He can be used a lot like Shanahan used Taylor Gabriel.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
May even develop better than Taylor
Originally posted by genus49:

It was easy to me all along. I had Goodwin, Pettis, Samuel, Hurd, Taylor, and James. With Taylor hurt, Matthews gets an opportunity for 8 weeks. I like Bourne and he's definitely should make someone's roster, but based on what he brings to the table verses other guys, he's on the outs. We have a very nice group of receivers, all on rookie contracts, save for Goodwin, who himself isn't expensive either.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
James comes up with too many key plays and he's such a great route runner and so fast into his routes, at times I think I'm looking at Goodwin because of the quickness.

Before he got hurt his last year in college, I thought Richie at Middle Tennessee State looked an awful lot like Antonio Brown at Central Michigan. It's unlikely he'll ever be as good as AB at the pro level, but he's got the ability to be good in his own right.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 24, 2019 at 8:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone