Jullian Taylor DT Temple

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I heard an interview recently and he sounds like a very bright kid just starting to come into his own. He didn't play football until his Sr. year and battled some injuries but started to put it together.

He's learning 4T here which he claims is a perfect fit and translates from his identical scheme from college.

His competition should be Blair and Armstead.

if that's the case then it's the practice squad for him this year.

i bet he beats out aa

No way.

AA will look great in camp. He'll be "unblockable", a "force". He will make McG and Staley look bad on a few plays.

Then he'll light it up in preseason and get 6 almost-sacks.

Then he'll light it up in weeks 1-7, getting another 5.5 almost-sacks.

Then he'll get hurt and be placed on season-ending IR. We won't be able to cut him because we picked up his option and he won't pass a physical by the due date.

Then we'll have this conversation again next year.

sadly. lobo is right.. when aa does what lobo predicts. then you will hear people say. well since he underachieved. he will be cheap to bring back for depth and back up and he knows the system,, ground hog day with him and ward says it all
I heard an interview recently and he sounds like a very bright kid just starting to come into his own. He didn't play football until his Sr. year and battled some injuries but started to put it together.

He's learning 4T here which he claims is a perfect fit and translates from his identical scheme from college.

i bet he beats out aa

No way.

AA will look great in camp. He'll be "unblockable", a "force". He will make McG and Staley look bad on a few plays.

Then he'll get hurt and be placed on season-ending IR. We won't be able to cut him because we picked up his option and he won't pass a physical by the due date.

sadly. lobo is right.. when aa does what lobo predicts. then you will hear people say. well since he underachieved. he will be cheap to bring back for depth and back up and he knows the system,, ground hog day with him and ward says it all

The definition of insanity is...

i bet he beats out aa

No way.

The definition of insanity is...

That could definitely happen with AA, but I don't think that dooms the unit.

1. Earl Mitchell is probably playing his last year with the team. D.J. Jones will be given every chance to supplant him as the starter on early downs.

2. Ronald Blair is probably gone as well. He has been a marginal rotation guy at best. The only way he comes back will be if he lights up the stats sheet and then he will be welcomed.

3. Marsh and Attoachu are probably competing for one roster spot in 2019. Chances are only one of them is going to perform at a high enough level to warrant keeping.

Now, all of those are moot if the individual players outperform expectations, but chances are there will be several open roster spots next year no matter what happens with AA. Taylor was drafted to develop and take over for one of the openings. Same with Street. We'll see what happens.
This guy looks like he could crush me while always helping me file my taxes. Still, he has some nice physical traits and I expect him to get the Pita T treatment and be on the 53 but get treated like a PS player.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I have a gut feeling Julian Taylor will be a good player once he's healthy. Chris Kiffen may have had a role in getting him drafted to the 49ers.

Podcast about Julian.
https://www.49ers.com/audio/fns-podcast-geoff-collins-believes-in-jullian-taylor-s-potential
I am hearing that he is starting with the 1s now that AA is injured.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I am hearing that he is starting with the 1s now that AA is injured.

Nice, I like when the youngsters get a chance to prove themselves.
This is some very good news, since peanut Brittle AA is singing that song again.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/7/31/17636448/49ers-depth-chart-jullian-taylor-arik-armstead-injury

Thoughts??
Jason Taylor?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Jason Taylor?

I wish he'd be the next Jason Taylor.

Very complimentary article on Julian

Who the f**k is this loser?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

John Lennon's son....inspired "Hey Judes!"
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

John Lennon's son....inspired "Hey Judes!"