LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Jullian Taylor DT Temple

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
PERMANENTLY???

How hard was it for Saleh to realize that this guy is a DT, not a DE???

Originally posted by 9moon:
PERMANENTLY???

I'm confused... he's a 7th rounder from last year who's pushing for playing time in an already stacked D-line, how is this anything other than encouraging?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IM saying that the guy obviously is a freakin DT... what's the surprise???
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by evil:
... makes 11. At least one of these guys won't be on the 53 and it will be upsetting for a few.

It will...but at least the fans will be upset for the right reasons...cutting a talented player.

LOL, you must be new here.

Our fans will be all "should have cut X cause Y is so much better. Kyle f'd up and Saleh is an idiot, if only we had a real GM, then things like this would not happen."

Well thank god Kyle and Saleh never f**k up or make mistakes
PERMANENTLY???

I don't see anything particularly crazy about his transformation from last season to now. Last year he was 6-5 280 so DE wasn't totally insane by any stretch at that point. With the scheme switch and his physical growth as a player, moving inside made perfect sense now. Seems like he would be a future replacement for AA. As it stands now, it appears our defense is setup like so:

BASE DEFENSE/DEPTH
LDE ---- DT ---- DT ---- RDE
Ford Jones Buckner Armstead
Bosa Day Taylor Thomas
Moore/Valoaga/Garcia Bromley Thompson/Givens Blair/Street

NICKEL DEFENSE/DEPTH
LDE ---- DT ---- DT ---- RDE
Ford Thomas Buckner Bosa
Blair Day AA/Taylor Street

Looking at the above makes me wonder if we do try to keep Moore after all. We have too many big-ends and not enough pass rushing ends.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IF Moore continues to play the way he did against Dallas, I don't see why we should not keep him... maybe, just maybe, he resurrect is career here..

it's Street and Jones that needs to bring their A game.
Anyone else confusing Julian Taylor for Kentavius Street? Vice versa?
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
Anyone else confusing Julian Taylor for Kentavius Street? Vice versa?

Yeah I've done it several times lol
IM saying that the guy obviously is a freakin DT... what's the surprise???

He was 275lbs last yr AND wait for it injured all though college so they really didn't know what they had in him.
We can speculate all we want as to where he should play but the bottom line for me is excitement. I'm more excited about the potential for this D line than any I can remember. I know they still have to do it on the field but the athleticism, strength and depth is amazing. They are a legitimate 2 deep along the line and every guy is good enough to contribute. I'm usually a wait and see, show me type of guy but this unit has real talent. I just hope everyone stays healthy so Saleh and the D line coach can really get full use out of them.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
We can speculate all we want as to where he should play but the bottom line for me is excitement. I'm more excited about the potential for this D line than any I can remember. I know they still have to do it on the field but the athleticism, strength and depth is amazing. They are a legitimate 2 deep along the line and every guy is good enough to contribute. I'm usually a wait and see, show me type of guy but this unit has real talent. I just hope everyone stays healthy so Saleh and the D line coach can really get full use out of them.

Solid post man!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I'll preserve a woody for when preseason is done (a lot to prove) but not quite yet...it's far too wet in here as it is
I'll be kinda pissed if he doesn't make the roster
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

His hype has outpaced his actual performance. I think he should be on the roster as well -- especially since we stand to lose all of Armstead, Day and Blair in the next six months. But he's just okay. Dunno that I'd lose any sleep over losing him. Seems like at his very best he's a good depth guy in a year or two.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

His hype has outpaced his actual performance. I think he should be on the roster as well -- especially since we stand to lose all of Armstead, Day and Blair in the next six months. But he's just okay. Dunno that I'd lose any sleep over losing him. Seems like at his very best he's a good depth guy in a year or two.

I think he's been noticeable (in a good way) when out there in preseason.

we got some quality talent at DL that is for sure.. I'd much rather keep an extra DL vs 7 WRs or 9 OL (from this group).
Share 49ersWebzone