LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Marcell Harris, linebacker, Florida

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Our CB group was non existent. I think all of our rookie DBs will make the squad.. Harris included, I'm very excited all around as far as DB group goes. Kwaunn Williams might be the guy that becomes eventual trade bait with Jimmie and Reed on the team. Might just be a numbers game type of deal.

Moseley, McFadden, Reed, Moore, Griffin, Williams, Harris ... 7 rookie DBs. Just how many DBs do you think the 49ers are going to keep?
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
Neither of us is a draft expert, but every single draft publication projected Harris as an UDFA.
DB's have a very hard time coming back from achilles tears, and his college career was undistinguished.

Obviously Lynch liked him, but a high 6th rd pick is valuable and should not be wasted. If the player they like (Harris) isn't worth the price (a 6th) then it's best to try and trade back and pick up an extra pick later like an extra 7th etc. Day 3 picks are very important.

I have no idea if Harris is going to be good or not ... but there were definitely mock drafts that had Harris being drafted.
Originally posted by Scoots:
Our CB group was non existent. I think all of our rookie DBs will make the squad.. Harris included, I'm very excited all around as far as DB group goes. Kwaunn Williams might be the guy that becomes eventual trade bait with Jimmie and Reed on the team. Might just be a numbers game type of deal.

Moseley, McFadden, Reed, Moore, Griffin, Williams, Harris ... 7 rookie DBs. Just how many DBs do you think the 49ers are going to keep?

Sorry drafted DBs lol I think McFadden will make it as well.

Spoon, sherm, Jimmie, Kwaunn, Moore and Reed are my 6 right now. I think Kwaunn/Jimmie could be traded and McFadden makes it. BUT we could roll with 7 since Ward is backing up FS as well. Then our 3 safeties are Colbert, Tartt and Harris. 10 DBs total.
Sorry drafted DBs lol I think McFadden will make it as well.

Spoon, sherm, Jimmie, Kwaunn, Moore and Reed are my 6 right now. I think Kwaunn/Jimmie could be traded and McFadden makes it. BUT we could roll with 7 since Ward is backing up FS as well. Then our 3 safeties are Colbert, Tartt and Harris. 10 DBs total.

I think Reed, McFadden need to beat out Mabin. The coaches were very high on him last year. I think the coaches are going to be fairly hard on players who get dinged up and miss practices. It's going to be rough making the 53 for DBs.
I don't see Kwaun Williams getting traded or cut. He's a good slot corner, and outside of Ward taking his spot, I doubt he's not our starting slot corner when the season begins (barring injury). I like that we've added a ton of young guys to our secondary, and personally would love to see Ward traded with a pick for someone like Ray in Denver, or Fowler in Jacksonville. Adding a pass rusher could do wonders for us, along with clearing up some salary and a spot in the secondary for a kid to get some playing time.
Originally posted by Scoots:

I checked 4-5 draft pubs and all 5 had Harris as a UDFA
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I don't see Kwaun Williams getting traded or cut. He's a good slot corner, and outside of Ward taking his spot, I doubt he's not our starting slot corner when the season begins (barring injury). I like that we've added a ton of young guys to our secondary, and personally would love to see Ward traded with a pick for someone like Ray in Denver, or Fowler in Jacksonville. Adding a pass rusher could do wonders for us, along with clearing up some salary and a spot in the secondary for a kid to get some playing time.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm a Kwaunn guy. Partial problem with Jimmie is were not sure if teams are willing to pick up his salary. Kwaunn and say a pick might be a package a team rather do. Which would just fine cause we'd still have Jimmie and Reed.

Anyhoot I'm more than happy to carry 10 DBs
Lynch stroke gold with Colbert. Here's to hoping he does so again with Harris!
Niceee, I've been looking forward to seeing what Harris can do.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Please unseat Adrian Colbert.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

I don't think they see him as a free safety. He's a strong safety. Big-time box thumper.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 17, 2018 at 11:15 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I don't think they see him as a free safety. He's a strong safety. Big-time box thumper.

Well at least he'll get some playing time with Tartt's often injured ass!!!
Forgot this dude was even on the team
With Tartt and Exum both injured, I don't see any way they can play on short rest. The team has to activate Marcell Harris, the deadline is next week, but we have no other healthy bodies. I hope he starts because Powell is absolute garbage.

If we trade Garcon or anyone else tomorrow, that would open a roster spot for him to come up and play.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 29, 2018 at 6:55 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
With Tartt and Exum both injured, I don't see any way they can play on short rest. The team has to activate Marcell Harris, the deadline is next week, but we have no other healthy bodies. I hope he starts because Powell is absolute garbage.

If we trade Garcon or anyone else tomorrow, that would open a roster spot for him to come up and play.

Tartt seems done and Exum probably won't have time to complete concussion protocol...

Ward (SS) and Reed (FS).

We may trade Ward though. Powell blows.

Can we even activate him to play?

We could use an extra LB as the box SS like Reid. But Elijah Lee already had to play for Foster and probably won't have time to recover on a short week.

Expect at least 5 more injuries. These short weeks are brutal on players and our team is already made if cracked glass.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 29, 2018 at 7:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone