There are 207 users in the forums

Marcell Harris, linebacker, Florida

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Competition for Chancellor James at depth at SS behind Tartt. May the healthiest player win!
This pick confused me the most but Harris can definitely lay the wood. He relishes wrecking people.

Hopefully he is fully recovered and can at least smash people while on special teams.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This pick confused me the most but Harris can definitely lay the wood. He relishes wrecking people.

Hopefully he is fully recovered and can at least smash people while on special teams.

I was most confused by Street, only because I thought he was around a 4th rounder prior to injury but I do like the talent.

Harris is right behind him though especially given our safety depth and his injury history but we'll see how it goes.

i like this pick. We had no backup to Tartt and now we have a guy with very good potential.

Also dang Beathard is one tuff SOB taking that hit. That kid is made of nails
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i like this pick. We had no backup to Tartt and now we have a guy with very good potential.

Same...Lynch/Peters have no issues finding S's late...Colbert in the 7th, C.James, L.Jerome as UDFA's and now Harris.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I don't understand why not draft Deshon Elliott instaed. He's a much better prospect. And he was healthy. And he was on the board.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by bvc49:
I can't even look at Charlize Theron after her Monster movie. She is dead to me

I feel you

I'd rather feel Charlize Theron, but maybe that's just me.

In today's NFL, I hear "hard hitting safety" and I think "penalty flag." But, at least, a guy like that is probably good for special teams. At that point in the draft, getting a good special teams player is good value, regardless of what he does as a safety.
I said this last year with Colbert, but I think he can be an awesome ST player to add to an already awesome unit and nice depth at SS behind Tartt.
  • Jiks

Off topic but f**k that is some awful music.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Same...Lynch/Peters have no issues finding S's late...Colbert in the 7th, C.James, L.Jerome as UDFA's and now Harris.

Our GM is a safety afterall Eff it give Chancellor another red shirt special if you need to Guess if James balls out we can red shirt this dude

James looked great when he played last year
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
James looked great when he played last year

I'm all about that competition boss
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 2, 2018 at 12:37 AM ]

After watching that lil video, man.. Looks like he flies and has good ball recognition/skill. Has some good boom that looks like compensates for a lil off tackling, we can coach that up.

He said on twitter his tape doesn't lie.. How can you not like this pick in the 6th fellas
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 2, 2018 at 1:43 AM ]

He's a big time thumper. Nasty. Good instincts to. He's a good football player with high character. He has a future here
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

He's a big time thumper. Nasty. Good instincts to. He's a good football player with high character. He has a future here

Seems like he can backup both FS and SS. Some of those highlights looked like he played FS as well. Looks like he has traits to play both.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 2, 2018 at 3:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone