There are 331 users in the forums

Marcell Harris, linebacker, Florida

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by 9moon:
u all give someone like AA passes after passes as well as Ward then you expect a backup to not make mistakes when he comes in?

U guys talking about the POLLARD TD where even our best LB missed the tackle??

or you guys talking about the deep pass where Harris tumbled... personally, that was a HORRIBLE d-call by Saleh. !!

Harris has missed tackles in every single game that he's played in. Dude is awful.
He's played pretty good when they moved him to LB, sparingly but pretty good. He wasn't the villain today.

that's why I said Saleh called a bad D-play on that one, he had our SS covering Lamb...
Yup. Harris is awful.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 20, 2020 at 1:59 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
We'll always have the Lamar Jackson strip and recovery. Good times, good times.
Two bad plays but on the passing play Dalton gets outside of Armstead and hits Lamb going across on the short side of the field when Sherman chased his man inside. Kind of hard to stay with Lamb going across when the QB breaks containment. On the run bad angle but there were 4 other guys that whiffed as well. Guy isn't very good in coverage but can't single him out today. Maybe now is the time to move Sherman to SS.

No, it's actually not hard to stay with Lamb. It's called anticipation. It's vs trips and Harris is playing deep half. There's zero excuses for Lamb getting behind him.
If it was as easy as you think others wouldn't have a problem with him especially when the QB breaks containment.

Guy isn't very good in coverage but he was the least of the team's problems today.
Yup. Harris is awful.

Is that your own tweet? Least of today's problems. But carry on.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Reminds me of that one great play Taylor Mays made.
Originally posted by okdkid:

I feel like some posters in here treat this guy as the second coming of zak keasey lol. Just face it, this guy is a fringe player/backup. He's had ample opportunity to demonstrate this on a consistent basis.
Probably guilty of giving up that pass down the middle that Warner was trailing on but had a good game today.

I don't know what else to expect from a 6th round $83K dollar guy that hasn't played much.

Looking for improvement. I don't know that Ward could have done better.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Probably guilty of giving up that pass down the middle that Warner was trailing on but had a good game today.

I don't know what else to expect from a 6th round $83K dollar guy that hasn't played much.

NO DOUBT... the potential is there.. he will make mistakes but the guy can contribute..

NO DOUBT... the potential is there.. he will make mistakes but the guy can contribute..
Yeah just give a guy a legit chance. Maybe he'll do it, maybe he won't but there's only one way to find out. Posters need to stop acting like everyone is a first round pick lol.
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Dec 26, 2020 at 6:21 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

Yeah just give a guy a legit chance. Maybe he'll do it, maybe he won't but there's only one way to find out. Posters need to stop acting like everyone is a first round pick lol.

.. at the very worst, he can still be a solid back up.. He's not going to develop if we don't give him a chance to play... games are always different than practices.. plus, the guy loves to hit.. and seem to be MORE durable than both Tartt and Ward..
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
One more year to show something
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

ALL a player can ask for...

and if you look at his stats on a limited role..

The 49ers made Harris a sixth-round selection out of Florida in 2018. He registered 37 tackles, three passes defensed, and two forced fumbles through 16 games this past season. Harris, 26, has recorded 111 tackles, eight passes defensed, and five forced fumbles through his three NFL seasons.

how can you NOT like the guy ??
Originally posted by LVJay:

ALL a player can ask for...

and if you look at his stats on a limited role..

The 49ers made Harris a sixth-round selection out of Florida in 2018. He registered 37 tackles, three passes defensed, and two forced fumbles through 16 games this past season. Harris, 26, has recorded 111 tackles, eight passes defensed, and five forced fumbles through his three NFL seasons.

how can you NOT like the guy ??

Easy. He absolutely sucks in coverage. He's only good for forcing fumbles
Share 49ersWebzone