LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 345 users in the forums

Marcell Harris, linebacker, Florida

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If healthy should back up Tartt, and be on ST. Looks like Lynch is locking in his depth in the secondary, since Ward+Tartt get hurt.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
If healthy should back up Tartt, and be on ST. Looks like Lynch is locking in his depth in the secondary, since Ward+Tartt get hurt.

Locking in depth with hurt players....
It's that part of the draft. Anything goes here. Not a fan of the pick, but whatever.
I think I would trust the guys who drafted Colbert in the 7th to be pretty good judges of secondary talent.
We were assuming that the philosophy was to bulk up on pass rushers to make a sub-par secondary look better.

Instead, the focus is on giving Hafley more talent and raw materials to work with in the hopes of creating sacks, turnovers, and stops from the back end. This team's secondary is now much bigger, much faster, and is going to hit much harder. We'll see how that works...
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Shanalynch posessed by the Balke demon

Loved me some Linda Blair back in the day!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think I would trust the guys who drafted Colbert in the 7th to be pretty good judges of secondary talent.

Yeah, the Colbert pick crossed my mind too. Brutal hitter, good football IQ, swagger, but fell off draft boards after he got nicked up.
[ Edited by 49erThrowback on Apr 28, 2018 at 2:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Karma:
We were assuming that the philosophy was to bulk up on pass rushers to make a sub-par secondary look better.

Instead, the focus is on giving Hafley more talent and raw materials to work with in the hopes of creating sacks, turnovers, and stops from the back end. This team's secondary is now much bigger, much faster, and is going to hit much harder. We'll see how that works...

I assumed they would try to do both. It was possible. We had the picks and based on the way the draft fell, we wouldn't have had to spend draft capital moving up. If anything, we could've moved down and still addressed pass rush and are defensive backfield. I'm not one of those that thinks we had a bad draft. I like it overall. I just think as much as we addressed some needs and put ourselves in a position to better run this offense, we could've added more to the DL and LBs.
Originally posted by UCLA9er:
It was actually his Achilles, but nevertheless not sure if that really makes it better lol. First head scratcher for me, but I'll reserve judgement

75% of football fans think ACL is an abbreviation of Achilles.
  • thl408
Another ACL injury guy? Good value pick. Had a 4th round grade on him.

The guys already been cleared. It's a case of whether or not the injury effects him going forward.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by UCLA9er:
It was actually his Achilles, but nevertheless not sure if that really makes it better lol. First head scratcher for me, but I'll reserve judgement

75% of football fans think ACL is an abbreviation of Achilles.

Not to get all Baalke, but I wonder if they plan to try him at LB too. He looks like he could fill out.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Karma:

I assumed they would try to do both. It was possible. We had the picks and based on the way the draft fell, we wouldn't have had to spend draft capital moving up. If anything, we could've moved down and still addressed pass rush and are defensive backfield. I'm not one of those that thinks we had a bad draft. I like it overall. I just think as much as we addressed some needs and put ourselves in a position to better run this offense, we could've added more to the DL and LBs.

I like the DB and the Linebacker picks, well anything defense I like. Just very disappointed we didn't get an edge rusher. I hope what we have is good enough to get pressure on 3rd downs. Maybe an undrafed that's raw but talented comes our way. We shall see. But for sure this offense is going to score points. It remains to be seen if this defense can stop anybody.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:

Locking in depth with hurt players....

Exactly! See, this is where Lynch tries to overcome Baalke... Trent set the injury trend and NOW, Lynch will match him stride for stride

#Consistency ..... Lynch closed the gap between he and Baalke in one draft
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Shanalynch posessed by the Balke demon

Loved me some Linda Blair back in the day!

Would you have done her looking like that tho
Share 49ersWebzone