LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

DJ Reed CB, Kansas St, 4th Round 2018 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Did we last year keep 2 slot corners on our 53 man roster? Or is DJ likely for the practice squad?

We kept Victor Boldin because we needed returners. Now we have both. We can't keep a backup nickel that can't play outside unless they play special teams. If DJ does well enough, Williams could be the Jeremy Kerley of this year.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Did we last year keep 2 slot corners on our 53 man roster? Or is DJ likely for the practice squad?

We kept Victor Boldin because we needed returners. Now we have both. We can't keep a backup nickel that can't play outside unless they play special teams. If DJ does well enough, Williams could be the Jeremy Kerley of this year.

Makes sense, I wasn't impressed with Boldin this year. He only flashed in the pre-season. I bet he doesn't make the 53 with Reed or Pettis taking his spot.
How many CBs we going to keep this year? My guesses are Spoon, Sherman, Williams, Ward, Reed, Moore, and i'm rooting for McFadden.

That's a lot of corners, but i'm betting ward gets hurt again and a chance that Sherman might not start the season right away.

Man I didn't watch Reed during the draft Process because of his size (and what this team usually goes for at CB) but everything I've read on this kid is positive. All the draft gurus love him and flim is backing it up.

Great value here
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Man I didn't watch Reed during the draft Process because of his size (and what this team usually goes for at CB) but everything I've read on this kid is positive. All the draft gurus love him and flim is backing it up.

Great value here

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I don't care if Hughes, Alexander and Reed don't meet the prototypical size this scheme normally goes after. After you watch them in college you can see they can flat out cover. While Reed being a perfect nickle corner and with Williams it may not be a need we don't really have any depth behind him and Reed has special teams value.

Im hurt that you don't listen to me.

Great value here

I don't care if Hughes, Alexander and Reed don't meet the prototypical size this scheme normally goes after. After you watch them in college you can see they can flat out cover. While Reed being a perfect nickle corner and with Williams it may not be a need we don't really have any depth behind him and Reed has special teams value.

Lol my bad...I love this kid, great flim and he brings an attitude that fits right in with Sherman
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
With all said and done, no way the rest of the QBs from the NFC West should now be able to complete a single pass against our new 218 Defense !!

2 - DL = Buckner & Forest

1 - LB = Marsh

LCB - Sherm
RCB - Spoon

RNB - Reed
LNB - KWaun

Robber - Colberf
Box - Tartt

FS - Ward
SS - Harris

BOOM !!!!
[ Edited by 9moon on May 1, 2018 at 11:02 AM ]
Lol my bad...I love this kid, great flim and he brings an attitude that fits right in with Sherman

Yeah I had him for a while as my #5 corner but dropped him to #7 as my final board. I think he will be our best cover Cornerback by season end over Sherman and Spoon.
Richard Sherman was also a 5th round pick and ended up being a HOF caliber player.

This man right here has greatness written all over him. Has a little Chris Harris plus some Aqib Talib play making ability. 10 years from now we are going to be like wow, this one of the best draft classes of all time in team history.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Richard Sherman was also a 5th round pick and ended up being a HOF caliber player.

This man right here has greatness written all over him. Has a little Chris Harris plus some Aqib Talib play making ability. 10 years from now we are going to be like wow, this one of the best draft classes of all time in team history.

Hard to believe it could be better than these two draft classes ... 1981 and 1986. In 1981 they get 3 out of 4 starters in the defensive backfield, including a HOFer. Now that is a draft. 1986 was full of starters too, including a HOF LB and one of the great receivers in 49ers history.

• Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
With all said and done, no way the rest of the QBs from the NFC West should now be able to complete a single pass against our new 218 Defense !!

2 - DL = Buckner & Forest

1 - LB = Marsh

LCB - Sherm
RCB - Spoon

RNB - Reed
LNB - KWaun

Robber - Colberf
Box - Tartt

FS - Ward
SS - Harris

BOOM !!!!

With our pass rush, watch every single QB in the league sit comfortably in the pocket for 5 seconds before picking us apart.
Reed will give K'Waun Williams a run for his money...he's fast and very confident. He was #12 rated CB in Walter Football's draft prospects. Should be some spirited competition between them.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Reed will give K'Waun Williams a run for his money...he's fast and very confident. He was #12 rated CB in Walter Football's draft prospects. Should be some spirited competition between them.

For sure AND some great depth. We finally have some 'quality' depth at so many more positions...will help a ton if we stay on the injury track.

Share 49ersWebzone