There are 140 users in the forums

DJ Reed CB, Kansas St, 4th Round 2018 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Thank you

Man, this is refreshing to hear. I read Jeff Hafley was the one pushing for Moore to play cornerback. I bet he was behind Reed playing safety as well.

Glad that dude is gone

Same. Literally, everyone is finally being put back in their natural positions. I'm not sure what to do with that.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Same. Literally, everyone is finally being put back in their natural positions. I'm not sure what to do with that.

It's annoying because some of these guys literally wasted snaps/time trying to learn something they more than likely weren't gonna be better at then their original positions.

There's a PFF article (can't find it) talking about the correlation of success (much higher) for a player playing the same exact position they played in college (and played it well) vs moving them to another position.

I mean it's kinda common sense, amirite?
One of my favorite guys on the team. I think he will thrive and get to show what he can do as a nickel CB with K'Wuan Williams out
BIG D.J Reed fan here
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
One of my favorite guys on the team. I think he will thrive and get to show what he can do as a nickel CB with K'Wuan Williams out

Me too. He did awesome at the end of the year so let's hope he and Moore take the starting jobs and run with them. Same with Greenlaw.

It would be really nice if we could have a guard like Reynolds rise to the top but that's probably wishful thinking
[ Edited by elguapo on Aug 9, 2019 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

It's annoying because some of these guys literally wasted snaps/time trying to learn something they more than likely weren't gonna be better at then their original positions.

There's a PFF article (can't find it) talking about the correlation of success (much higher) for a player playing the same exact position they played in college (and played it well) vs moving them to another position.

I mean it's kinda common sense, amirite?

That is what happens when your DC is a potato and not cut out for the position. If the team succeeds at all on defense this year, it will be in spite of Saleh.
[ Edited by zeppfan1 on Aug 9, 2019 at 11:21 AM ]
May be the starter at the beginning of the season in the slot. Wonder if he can hold onto the position.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
That is what happens when your DC is a potato and not cut out for the position. If the team succeeds at all on defense this year, it will be in spite of Saleh.

sounds like it was jeff hafley who wanted Reed at safety and Moore ad CB

I'd makes sense you know Earl Thomas is short and Sherman is tall sooo that's all that matters

Then Saleh is a tard for taking his advice

• 9moon
  • Veteran
HOW'S FAR NONE DOIN?

Then Saleh is a tard for taking his advice

Mr. Clean took orders from Hafley and Zgonina. Now Woods and Kocurek. But now this may be a good thing.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 9, 2019 at 2:58 PM ]
haven't heard much about Reed yet....any word?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
haven't heard much about Reed yet....any word?

He punks Matthews nearly every day at practice
Originally posted by elguapo:
Me too. He did awesome at the end of the year so let's hope he and Moore take the starting jobs and run with them. Same with Greenlaw.

It would be really nice if we could have a guard like Reynolds rise to the top but that's probably wishful thinking

Great post. Reed, Moore & Reynolds are three guys I think will surprise and be contributors this season and beyond. 3 young players I really like
Share 49ersWebzone