LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

DJ Reed CB, Kansas St, 4th Round 2018 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Reed in the slot is a projection. He was nearly exclusively an outside CB in college. I think he played in a Quarters scheme.
Originally posted by thl408:
Reed in the slot is a projection. He was nearly exclusively an outside CB in college. I think he played in a Quarters scheme.

This is true and imo it's harder to transition inside than it is to transition outside. Kids a baller though and I think he can do it
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49ers808:

This is true and imo it's harder to transition inside than it is to transition outside. Kids a baller though and I think he can do it
Agreed that it's going to be a challenge for him to transition inside. It's another animal at slot CB. In my limited viewing of him what pops out is his willingness to get in on run support. That will translate well to slot CB.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
My draft crush on Fitzpatrick caused me to evaluate our secondary and I realized, having tall and long corners usually means they can't play nickel as well. So until we find some that can do both effectively, we are always going to have to save a roster spot for players like Kwaun Williams. It also means, we won't be able to activate someone that is purely a special teams returner like Boldin because we need depth in the secondary. To have someone who can do both plus can do kick coverage is crucial for our game planning, which is why I love the pick!

great insight
I like the DB haul of this guy, Moore and McFadden

Agreed that it's going to be a challenge for him to transition inside. It's another animal at slot CB. In my limited viewing of him what pops out is his willingness to get in on run support. That will translate well to slot CB.

Absolutely. Can't play the slot if you're not willing or any good in run support
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
My draft crush on Fitzpatrick caused me to evaluate our secondary and I realized, having tall and long corners usually means they can't play nickel as well. So until we find some that can do both effectively, we are always going to have to save a roster spot for players like Kwaun Williams. It also means, we won't be able to activate someone that is purely a special teams returner like Boldin because we need depth in the secondary. To have someone who can do both plus can do kick coverage is crucial for our game planning, which is why I love the pick!

great insight

My boy hayn always dropping truth bombs

great insight

My boy hayn always dropping truth bombs

Dude plays like he has no idea that he's only 5'9

Guys are almost half a foot taller than him, he still knocking s**t out of their hands and even picking their pockets. Interesting to see how he would developed

Ill take all the Bill Snyder defensive players I can get tbph.... they are like Iowa offensive lineman. Even if they dont match their draft slot, they are still productive enough to have a career in the NFL.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I like the DB haul of this guy, Moore and McFadden

Yep, hopefully one will emerge as a nice starter
Originally posted by pdizo916:

This guy trollin every thread lol
This guy trollin every thread lol

Don't worry he's a Steelers fan
Did we last year keep 2 slot corners on our 53 man roster? Or is DJ likely for the practice squad?
Share 49ersWebzone