• Veteran
I read that he doesn't even have slot experience in college
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Depth behind Williams. Good pick.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Hopper:
Depth behind Williams. Good pick.

Willams was the #44 ranked CB last season. His starting role is certainly not guaranteed. The position is up for grabs, IMO.
Looks like a feisty DB. Plays bigger than his 5'9 height. Tackle like a safety. Returning kicks too. Intriguing. I think he has a chance to be pretty good.

The special team side of the ball should benefit from the rookies this year.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Kwaun Williams was already here :)

And Reed is going to be the dude to take his job. Not sure why people are talking up Williams like he's a Pro Bowler or something. He was good enough for the time being, not a guy you plan on being in the slot for 4 or 5 years.

The same way that Taylor snatched away Kerley's job last year, Reed could do the same this offseason.
I loved draft the CB for 3round to 6th round. They are best available CB in the 3rd to 6th round.
Don't get the love for Williams. He was solid but he shouldn't be penciled in as an automatic starter.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Don't get the love for Williams. He was solid but he shouldn't be penciled in as an automatic starter.

Originally posted by dj43:
Willams was the #44 ranked CB last season. His starting role is certainly not guaranteed. The position is up for grabs, IMO.

He's the front runner to be the SCB. That doesn't mean he's guaranteed anything.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

And Reed is going to be the dude to take his job. Not sure why people are talking up Williams like he's a Pro Bowler or something. He was good enough for the time being, not a guy you plan on being in the slot for 4 or 5 years.

The same way that Taylor snatched away Kerley's job last year, Reed could do the same this offseason.

Then why did they sign him to a nice extension?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Smh

What's your deal?!! Are you not entertained!!? This cat is taller than those orange cones at a construction site

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I loved draft the CB for 3round to 6th round. They are best available CB in the 3rd to 6th round.

You like that, don't ya
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Then why did they sign him to a nice extension?

and? That was early in the season and again we can't have depth? This guys is gonna be a steal, if he beats out Williams that obviously means he is better. Why are people down playing every pick lol. You guys get way to attached to names in drafts.

The only one I am concerned about is Street.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This guy looks pretty explosive, like his cockyness
For what it's worth, I saw the 49ers got an A- for this pick on one of the draft tracker sites. That was higher than any other pick by the team.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Really good player. He'll play in the slot.

I like this kid. Very solid, scrappy, smart corner. Reminds me of a Kwaun Williams actually. Will provide great depth at corner and will help on ST's. Good pick
Share 49ersWebzone