LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

DJ Reed CB, Kansas St, 4th Round 2018 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Is he going to be this years Rashard Robinson?

I don't think RR had 12 career tackles let alone in one game...their totally different players but nice try

I know seriously right? Two totally different players, this guy is going to be good I even think he can play outside corner even in our scheme and do a good job just like he did in college
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Eh Williams doesn't make so much that if he gets beat out you have to cut him. Depth is valuable.

True, but Williams ONLY plays slot CB, and they've shown us time and again how much they value positional flexibility, and particularly for backups.

I don't think he's getting cut -- I don't really understand why but they love that guy -- but if he's not starting it's hard to justify keeping him on the roster, I think.
Can he play free safety?
Huge year coming up for DJ Reed, Tavarious Moore, Witherspoon, and AC. Saying all of their names at once makes me forget just how many young DBs we actually do have. I'm hoping that someone can emerge from that group as a longterm starter at safety and at corner so we can focus on OT and OG early in next year's draft.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Huge year coming up for DJ Reed, Tavarious Moore, Witherspoon, and AC. Saying all of their names at once makes me forget just how many young DBs we actually do have. I'm hoping that someone can emerge from that group as a longterm starter at safety and at corner so we can focus on OT and OG early in next year's draft.

Real s**t!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
he's already our most COMPLETE DB on the team.. " FAR NONE "...

hmmm... i like that nick name.... DJ " Far None " Reed !!!
Originally posted by 9moon:

Ward is the most complete DB, period. Ward can play FS, nickel, outside corner, and he can also play any position in the injury reserve team.

William Floyd may sue for copyright infringement.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garoppolis:

William Floyd may sue for copyright infringement.

William " BAR NONE " was his nickname... I loved that guy!! he shoulda been a 9er for life but we just gave up on him ... Darn Seifert !!!
Thank you

As far as the secondary, D.J. Reed played a lot of free safety last season. Is that still the same?

We want him to play corner. It's very hard to ask a guy to play safety and nickel (cornerback), which we had to do last year because of all the injuries. We want him to play corner and nickel. It's a lot easier to play corner-nickel than it is to play safety and nickel. We feel like he'll be pretty good as a cover guy at corner. So we're trying to give him an opportunity to do that.

Thank you

Man, this is refreshing to hear. I read Jeff Hafley was the one pushing for Moore to play cornerback. I bet he was behind Reed playing safety as well.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
how's FAR NONE doing thus FAR??
This is my guy! Really like him, good solid versatile FOOTBALL PLAYER. He will be a key role player (Nickel CB, backup FS, kick returner) for us for years to come IMO
Originally posted by littleken:
Ward is the most complete DB, period. Ward can play FS, nickel, outside corner, and he can also play any position in the injury reserve team.

DJ Reed is a better, tougher version of Jimmie Ward IMO
Originally posted by Heroism:
Thank you

Man, this is refreshing to hear. I read Jeff Hafley was the one pushing for Moore to play cornerback. I bet he was behind Reed playing safety as well.

Glad that dude is gone
Share 49ersWebzone