LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

DJ Reed CB, Kansas St, 4th Round 2018 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Should have him play nickle all year. Instead of forcing him into safety.

This

Finally back where he belongs.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Should have him play nickle all year. Instead of forcing him into safety.

This

I said when we drafted him he was a better nickel than Williams and I like Williams.
Originally posted by NCommand:

ask your twitter sources how much they would save by cutting Williams
Gee, what do you know, playing a player at their natural position helps them succeed.

Can we freaking please stop the square peg into the round hole thinking and play guys where they belong?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Son, I am your source!

K'Wuan Williams $1.85M

Son, I am your source!

K'Wuan Williams $1.85M

Lol. Thank you sir
Oh well screw that, just keep him. He's a good slot guy
Lol. Thank you sir
Oh well screw that, just keep him. He's a good slot guy

He wouldn't be bad depth. That's for sure.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Gee, what do you know, playing a player at their natural position helps them succeed.

Can we freaking please stop the square peg into the round hole thinking and play guys where they belong?

So your sayin we shouldnt take Bosa and play him at the WILL
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Dec 10, 2018 at 10:46 PM ]
  • thl408
His sack came off a nice pressure package.
49ers show single high MOFC with 38 in the deep middle. Typical look on the backend. They overload the right side of the OL with both Warner and Lee crowding the line.

At the snap, Warner and Lee back off and they bring the 4th rusher from the slot (Reed). 49ers rotate to a Tampa2 look (I see Warner playing the middle seam, facing towards the passing strength) with Sherman playing Cover2 safety. Orange is underneaths, blues are deep.

A glimpse of the future with Sherman playing safety? Sherman is shading over the sideline because he understands any threat down the middle seam is covered by Warner. That's just Sherman being smart.

The stunt by Buck and Blair is to draw the eyes of the left side of the OL. The overloaded right side of the OL is to draw the attention of the RB. Credit the RB for recognizing that Reed was coming. Credit Reed for beating the block. Congrats on his first career sack.

"Sexual chocolate he plays so fine don't you agree?"

I've wanted him to start outside or in the slot since drafting him. He's a keeper and a great 5th round value pick imo. Keep him here not at dam safety
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM ]
Hopefully his play makes Williams expendable. I was always questioning the move to FS where its obvious he would become a beast slot corner.
Is he going to be this years Rashard Robinson?
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Is he going to be this years Rashard Robinson?

I don't think RR had 12 career tackles let alone in one game...their totally different players but nice try
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Hopefully his play makes Williams expendable. I was always questioning the move to FS where its obvious he would become a beast slot corner.

Eh Williams doesn't make so much that if he gets beat out you have to cut him. Depth is valuable.
Share 49ersWebzone