There are 170 users in the forums

Kentavius Street-DE-NC State

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Oh look, NCommand favorite Ruiz got beat which led to Brees getting hurt.

"He's a rookie. He just needs more time."

LOL.

TBF, he's not a RG. He's a C learning to play RG.

Thought it's all interchangeable?

Yeah NC!!! What now huh?!

C and RG are interchangeable now? T and G too? I've always been against changing players at the pro level. That said, a lot depends on the system a player plays in too. In our system of uniformity, it is easier to be interchangeable hence why Brunskill has played every position in our system.

That said, in the Saints system, when you draft the top C, I'd recommend keeping him at C. I never liked that move.

Had we drafted Ruiz, you bet your ass I'd want him at C exclusively. It's too crucial to our whole unit. But TBF, if Richburg returned to form 100%, I'd be up for seeing how it went at RG.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 22, 2020 at 6:51 AM ]

LOL.

C and RG are interchangeable now? T and G too? I've always been against changing players at the pro level. That said, a lot depends on the system a player plays in too. In our system of uniformity, it is easier to be interchangeable hence why Brunskill has played every position in our system.

That said, in the Saints system, when you draft the top C, I'd recommend keeping him at C. I never liked that move.

Had we drafted Ruiz, you bet your ass I'd want him at C exclusively. It's too crucial to our whole unit. But TBF, if Richburg returned to form 100%, I'd be up for seeing how it went at RG.

I agree with you that our system allows us to draft tackles and put them at guard. We just need to evaluate talent better.

I wasn't that high on Ruiz for his value coming out. I do think finding value is the key to creating a good OL with our system because we will likely never spend any significant draft capital on the interior offensive line.

And with that being said... guess who is a FA?!

Alex mutha f**king Bars.

LOL.

I agree with you that our system allows us to draft tackles and put them at guard. We just need to evaluate talent better.

I wasn't that high on Ruiz for his value coming out. I do think finding value is the key to creating a good OL with our system because we will likely never spend any significant draft capital on the interior offensive line.

And with that being said... guess who is a FA?!

Alex mutha f**king Bars.

Totally agree. That's awesome. You member.
Has looked good in his time inside.
  • thl408
Matt Barrows in his 8/13 article from The Athletic:
Heading into training camp, you might have put Street toward the bottom of the team's deep and talented group of interior defensive linemen.

He's not there now. Street has been perhaps the team's most consistently disruptive inside pass rusher, tormenting the 49ers' second-string offensive line during team periods and proving hard to handle in one-on-one drills against guard Laken Tomlinson as well.

Is it a mirage? Street's had three mostly forgettable seasons with the 49ers — though last year's big sack on Drew Brees jumps out — as he slowly returned from 2018 ACL tears.

He's finally healthy now and coaches will want to see him have similar success in a live-ball situation.
-------------------------------------------
This guy was drafted because he was a physical specimen and had to first rehab from an ACL as a rookie. Perhaps he has finally put it together. Another guy to watch in the preseason.
Originally posted by thl408:
Heading into training camp, you might have put Street toward the bottom of the team's deep and talented group of interior defensive linemen.

He's not there now. Street has been perhaps the team's most consistently disruptive inside pass rusher, tormenting the 49ers' second-string offensive line during team periods and proving hard to handle in one-on-one drills against guard Laken Tomlinson as well.

Is it a mirage? Street's had three mostly forgettable seasons with the 49ers — though last year's big sack on Drew Brees jumps out — as he slowly returned from 2018 ACL tears.

He's finally healthy now and coaches will want to see him have similar success in a live-ball situation.
This guy was drafted because he was a physical specimen and had to first rehab from an ACL as a rookie. Perhaps he has finally put it together. Another guy to watch in the preseason.
Originally posted by cortana49:

For what it's worth, Grant Cohn has Street as a better DT than Kinlaw or Givens.
Who do we cut if Street makes it though? I'd hate to lose Kerr, Key, or Hurst, no way they cut Givens, while AA, Bosa, Dee, Ebukam, Kinlaw, & Jones are all GTD spots due to 1. they're good, and 2. their salaries, we'd lose cap room.

Maybe he's just now getting comfortable playing interior DL. Hope so because we need our interior guys to step up. I don't think we've got a game wrecker or that 1 guy that's going to consistently make impactful plays in that group, but we got a bunch of guys that should contribute.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 13, 2021 at 10:26 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
For what it's worth, Grant Cohn has Street as a better DT than Kinlaw or Givens.

Lol Cohn has ALL of our DTs better than Kinlaw.

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Lol Cohn has ALL of our DTs better than Kinlaw.

Not Kerr.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Who do we cut if Street makes it though? I'd hate to lose Kerr, Key, or Hurst, no way they cut Givens, while AA, Bosa, Dee, Ebukam, Kinlaw, & Jones are all GTD spots due to 1. they're good, and 2. their salaries, we'd lose cap room.

Maybe they don't cut Givens they trade him. I would hate to lose Hurst for Givens. Key I can see being expendable too.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Maybe they don't cut Givens they trade him. I would hate to lose Hurst for Givens. Key I can see being expendable too.

Why would they trade Givens? He's young, makes peanuts and is one of our better interior DL.

Kerr is 30 years old on a one-year deal. He gone.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Why would they trade Givens? He's young, makes peanuts and is one of our better interior DL.

Kerr is 30 years old on a one-year deal. He gone.

Right. No way you trade Givens. I'd get rid of Kerr or Key.. I don't see much of a future from either of those 2 guys.

Let's not forget Street is in a contract year so him balling out isn't surprising. He trying to get paid.

It's not a mirage. It's called I want a bigger paycheck
Share 49ersWebzone