LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

Kentavius Street-DE-NC State

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Originally posted by littleken:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Is Baalke drafting for us again?

Better question: Is there any player, drafted by any team in the NFL, that was suffering from a major injury at the time he was picked, ever pan out to become a starter? Serious question, because my mind is BLANK when trying to think of examples.

Tai Street?

Willis Mcgahee.
List isn't long. Didn't love the pick. But I'm okay with 1 4th rounder in 2 drafts being used on an injured redshirt player. Good ol' Trent mortgaged the future of the team on them.

Frank Gore
Originally posted by socalniner:

Better question: Is there any player, drafted by any team in the NFL, that was suffering from a major injury at the time he was picked, ever pan out to become a starter? Serious question, because my mind is BLANK when trying to think of examples.

Tai Street?

Willis Mcgahee.
List isn't long. Didn't love the pick. But I'm okay with 1 4th rounder in 2 drafts being used on an injured redshirt player. Good ol' Trent mortgaged the future of the team on them.

Frank Gore
Todd Gurley
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
trent was burned at the state for this crap. but now we are rolling out players who have come back from these injuries so give lynch cover for blowing a valuable fourth round pick. jesus
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by socalniner:

Tai Street?

Willis Mcgahee.

Frank Gore
Todd Gurley

Aaron Colvin did as well. Plenty of guys did. We just have a bad taste left over from Baalke favors but could be his guys just weren't going to be good regardless of injury given his track record.
He'll be on the street in 4 years lol
I am not saying I am enthused by this pick, but does anyone else find it ironic that many fans think they should have drafted Josh Sweat here instead? A guy with a much more devastating knee injury who still doesn't play like he was projected to 4 years later?

Clearly
Originally posted by Karma:
I am not saying I am enthused by this pick, but does anyone else find it ironic that many fans think they should have drafted Josh Sweat here instead? A guy with a much more devastating knee injury who still doesn't play like he was projected to 4 years later?

Truth
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Aaron Colvin did as well. Plenty of guys did. We just have a bad taste left over from Baalke favors but could be his guys just weren't going to be good regardless of injury given his track record.

so just because lynch picked him. that means he will work out. your post is really stretching to give lynch cover in my opinion i just have never heard of seen in the history of the webzone posters all of a sudden rolling out the names of guys who have come back from acl injuries to justify throwing away a valuable fourth round pick. if anyone would have tried to do that with trent. the flaming would be amazing
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Clearly
justifying blowing a pick on this guy by saying gore came back. its part of a vision and well thought out plan and it will work out cuz lynch picked him is f**king mind boggling to me

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by genus49:

so just because lynch picked him. that means he will work out. your post is really stretching to give lynch cover in my opinion i just have never heard of seen in the history of the webzone posters all of a sudden rolling out the names of guys who have come back from acl injuries to justify throwing away a valuable fourth round pick. if anyone would have tried to do that with trent. the flaming would be amazing

Billbird asked and people answered
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Clearly
justifying blowing a pick on this guy by saying gore came back. its part of a vision and well thought out plan and it will work out cuz lynch picked him is f**king mind boggling to me

It was a question and answers

How is a question and answers mind blowing to you? Good Christ that's weird
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Poldarn49:
On the top of my head, three recent prospect who became good players after tearing their ACL in their last year of college or through the draft process, RB Gurley, CB Colvin and LT Ogbuehi.

I'm sure there are others, one poster mentioned Kevin f*gan. I hope Kentavius becomes a good player for us, but the odds of it are not good. Might as well have traded the 4rth pick for a future 7th rounder in my opinion. That's what I think the odds of Kentavius recovering and becoming a starter after the injury are.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
So people are upset we drafted Street who tore his ACL in a private workout, but were ok with the idea of giving a long term deal to Allen Robinson paying him a s**t ton of money, who is coming off a torn ACL? Street will make a fraction of what Robinson will, and Pettis as well. People need to chill the f out.

Well one is proven in the NFL, kind of a big difference no? I'm mad about it because of two things, no question that better and healthy players were on the board. Almost positive we could have got him MUCH later. Teams are usually in no rush to draft a guy who tore his acl a month ago and is a surefire IR player his first season

I'd have loved Robinson but 1 great yr and a couple good yr is hardly proven and he got 14m a yr and 18m fully GTD on a 3yr deal not worth it IMO.

No guarantee Street was there later, no,one can honestly say that being 10p% certain.

With Bortles as the QB, inconsistency is expected. McKinnon got paid what many thought he wasn't worth either, you pay for potential on "your" team in free agency and you of all people know that you have to overpay for the guys you want because your not the only team after them. I didn't say 100% certain Street would be there later, said almost positive. Regardless, we will wait 2 years to find out if he was worth the 4th round selection when lots of better and healthy players were available. That is 100% certain
trent was burned at the state for this crap. but now we are rolling out players who have come back from these injuries so give lynch cover for blowing a valuable fourth round pick. jesus

Lol there he is right on cue, they were simply asking if there was any ACL draft picks that actually had or is having a quality career. Relax.

I wasn't a fan of the pick, like the player prior to the injury. Didn't solve our edge issues that's for sure
Share 49ersWebzone