LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Kentavius Street-DE-NC State

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Niners_D:
Street looked like a guy who hasn't played in 2 years. He has a lot of upside but getting key reps in key games this late in the year is certainly a rough entrance to the NFL. Every team is beat up right now, so if the coaches feel he is our best option right now then he is our best option.

This
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Street looked like a guy who hasn't played in 2 years. He has a lot of upside but getting key reps in key games this late in the year is certainly a rough entrance to the NFL. Every team is beat up right now, so if the coaches feel he is our best option right now then he is our best option.

This

i think the falcons game proved they do not feel that. at least as of then. because he did not get key reps, he played like less than 10 snaps. an guess who played more S THOMAS. they chose to play soloman thomas over street, that tells you they think thomas is better than street. not good.
Originally posted by stefano89:

This

i think the falcons game proved they do not feel that. at least as of then. because he did not get key reps, he played like less than 10 snaps. an guess who played more S THOMAS. they chose to play soloman thomas over street, that tells you they think thomas is better than street. not good.

Thats a pretty big leap and kind of ignores the point of the original post. He hasnt played in a long time so its more likely that they are just getting a feel for where he is at in a real game. Even Bosa was on a snap count till after the bye week. Players always mention that no matter how hard you work out during the offseason or coming back from an injury, it takes a couple weeks to get back into game shape.

Plus we've already seen how rusty Staley and McG looked in their first game back after only being out a month and put into full time action and they are vets still trying to get back to their normal standard of play. With the DL they have the luxury of easing Street in and he is basically a rookie. None of us are big ST fans but the one thing we know he can do well is contain and chase down plays so I dont think his play time has any bearing on their opinion of Street. Look for him to get more and more snaps these next two games for them to actually see what they have in him.

This

It proved nothing. He hasn't played in two years. He's not going to automatically ball out like your madden fantasy team.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

This

It proved nothing. He hasn't played in two years. He's not going to automatically ball out like your madden fantasy team.

your right he isnt gonna do s**t if he only plays less than 10 snaps. ya it was his first game back, i didnt expect them to put him in a starter role or play all game right away. if they use him theyl ease him in. but the fact is that in a game that we were losing, and not getting to the QB in, we needed him. an they chose to stay with solomon thomas over him. that says enough right there.
  • evil
  • Veteran
your right he isnt gonna do s**t if he only plays less than 10 snaps. ya it was his first game back, i didnt expect them to put him in a starter role or play all game right away. if they use him theyl ease him in. but the fact is that in a game that we were losing, and not getting to the QB in, we needed him. an they chose to stay with solomon thomas over him. that says enough right there.

It actually doesn't say anything, you are reading way to much into it.

They didn't want to throw him in the deep end and ask him to sink or swim, they wanted to get his feet wet first and foremost and let his body get used to the waters temperature.

You say we were losing but really it was still a one score game. Now if it was a blow out and down by 21 where he didnt see more action I might see your point. In a one score game the margin of error is much smaller. Yeah ST sucks at rushing the passer but he knows the defense and has experience in it, street doesnt have the experience so is more likely to make a bad read or missed assignment. That along with the not playing in 2 years was likely the cause for his low snap count. Anyways as much as we want to rag on ST or speculate about Street, the problem with the defense was the secondary and some questionable choices by Saleh imo. But thats a different thread.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
This dude is knocking off rust in a good way
Originally posted by LVJay:
This dude is knocking off rust in a good way

Showed up today nice TFL he should just continue to improve with reps.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Exactly

I hope he shows up big next week and goes beast mode from here on out

Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Exactly

I hope he shows up big next week and goes beast mode from here on out

Yep I mean he hasn't played real football in forever. I imagine he us still getting is legs under him. Looking forward to Taylor back next week as well.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
He's a thick boi.

Dudes just come to an abrupt stop when they engage him...
Making progress
Gonna need Street+Taylor to step up going forward, if we end up losing AA in FA, or franchise then trade of him.
Well he injured their RT
Share 49ersWebzone