LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Kentavius Street-DE-NC State

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Yeah Lynch just strolled up and dropped a huge turd in the punch bowl.

Yes, I want to do business with Lynch & co, maybe I can sell them an old bridge or some Arizona oceanfront property
Supercalifragilisticexpialidosius
Knee injuries with no contact make me pause a bit more than some guy who got his blown out. 300ilb butterflies make me sort of sit up. Bridgewater and Watson are one thing but a de is supposed to be solidly built.

Not sure about this guy at all
[ Edited by Bitplayer on Apr 28, 2018 at 7:30 PM ]
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Not a bad pick. But sheesh, wait until the 6th. I suppose they have AA's replacement already on the team. When he's gone, another Dlineman for the rotation will be needed.

They have no concept of value. Why pick him at 4 when for sure he's there at rd 5 and probably rd 6 ?? !!!!

That showed last year with the reach for CJ
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Is Baalke drafting for us again?

Better question: Is there any player, drafted by any team in the NFL, that was suffering from a major injury at the time he was picked, ever pan out to become a starter? Serious question, because my mind is BLANK when trying to think of examples.

Tai Street?
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Sucks to see everyone dumping on the pick. I'd like to sprinkle some positives:

1. I've never met a bad guy named Kentavius

2. 700 lb squat pre injury. Dudes a beast.
Originally posted by thl408:
He seems like another big end 5tech. Always thought Solly would make his home at base 5t once they find a true Leo.

We can still dream.
Originally posted by captveg:
I have less issue with taking a redshirt guy on Day 3 than if it is on Day 1 or 2.

AA better have a monster season or he has no chance of returning here in 2019.

This.
So people are upset we drafted Street who tore his ACL in a private workout, but were ok with the idea of giving a long term deal to Allen Robinson paying him a s**t ton of money, who is coming off a torn ACL? Street will make a fraction of what Robinson will, and Pettis as well. People need to chill the f out.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
So people are upset we drafted Street who tore his ACL in a private workout, but were ok with the idea of giving a long term deal to Allen Robinson paying him a s**t ton of money, who is coming off a torn ACL? Street will make a fraction of what Robinson will, and Pettis as well. People need to chill the f out.

Nice post AB, it is hypocritical (I didn't want Robinson), I am very wary of a guy that big, who's explosive coming back right on an ACL.

Love the player but not the pick. Might be tainted a bit for wanting Obo there.

Well one is proven in the NFL, kind of a big difference no? I'm mad about it because of two things, no question that better and healthy players were on the board. Almost positive we could have got him MUCH later. Teams are usually in no rush to draft a guy who tore his acl a month ago and is a surefire IR player his first season
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Well one is proven in the NFL, kind of a big difference no? I'm mad about it because of two things, no question that better and healthy players were on the board. Almost positive we could have got him MUCH later. Teams are usually in no rush to draft a guy who tore his acl a month ago and is a surefire IR player his first season

I'd have loved Robinson but 1 great yr and a couple good yr is hardly proven and he got 14m a yr and 18m fully GTD on a 3yr deal not worth it IMO.

No guarantee Street was there later, no,one can honestly say that being 10p% certain.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by robniner:
Reminds me of the Tank Carradine pick

At least it wasn't a 2nd rounder
I would have just traded the 4th rounder for a possible 3rd or 4th rounder in 2019 instead of this drafting injured guys and hoping they play to their pre-injury level.
On the top of my head, three recent prospect who became good players after tearing their ACL in their last year of college or through the draft process, RB Gurley, CB Colvin and LT Ogbuehi.
Originally posted by littleken:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Is Baalke drafting for us again?

Better question: Is there any player, drafted by any team in the NFL, that was suffering from a major injury at the time he was picked, ever pan out to become a starter? Serious question, because my mind is BLANK when trying to think of examples.

Tai Street?

Willis Mcgahee.
List isn't long. Didn't love the pick. But I'm okay with 1 4th rounder in 2 drafts being used on an injured redshirt player. Good ol' Trent mortgaged the future of the team on them.
Share 49ersWebzone