There are 168 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Homer:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Why play Jimmie coming off injury when you have Moore?? Because Acorn Head loves him some Ward

To be fair, every staff we've had has loved Ward. He's survived what, four regimes? Pretty sure the guys a monster at practice.

Coaches love players who play well consistently. Fans care more about big plays. Ward doesn't make the big plays, but he play solid football consistently. His versatility also allow coaches to dial up different coverage scheme. I don't think fans fully appreciate his versatility.
We need to see what we have in Moore in game situations. We know what we have in Ward. Time to start evaluating players. Moore looked pretty darn good a couple games ago.
  • thl408
Is Moore a crappy practice player or does he sleep in meetings, or something? It's baffling that Moore continues to be behind Harris on the depth chart.
Originally posted by thl408:
Is Moore a crappy practice player or does he sleep in meetings, or something? It's baffling that Moore continues to be behind Harris on the depth chart.

Im so confused on how Moore isn't getting any of Wards snaps. He just seems like he makes more plays out there. I think Harris gets pt due to playing a
SS where Moore is a FS I believe
  • thl408
Originally posted by DJamhour:

Im so confused on how Moore isn't getting any of Wards snaps. He just seems like he makes more plays out there. I think Harris gets pt due to playing a
SS where Moore is a FS I believe

I don't see anything Harris doing that Moore can't do. If the deciding factor is physicality in stopping the run, what Harris does in terms of inconsistently playing his assignment offsets anything he offers in physicality over Moore. Moore's the one that hit that Patriot WR so hard the WR had to leave the game. Also, the 49ers using more split safety looks than in years past has blurred the lines between free safety and strong safety. So I get why Ward is in there, he's the one with the fat contract so he is most likely here in 2021. Tartt's the one that will be a FA after this season so it's his spot that is "up for grabs". For whatever reason, the coaches currently see Harris as the replacement based off of playing time over the past couple weeks.
#saveMoore
Start this man permanently. It's about damn time.
Guy just makes plays and actually creates TOs. He needs to be in there
Originally posted by Patoranking:
Start this man permanently. It's about damn time.

I think it's finally becoming clearer
First Pettis
Than Witherspoon
A little bit with Kwon
Moore finally gets a start but I wish it was over Ward. Since Ward is a little better than Harris at least we are playing our best healthy players back there

Going forward Moore needs to start. He's a playmaker that can actually force a turnover and make an impact on games
[ Edited by elguapo on Nov 16, 2020 at 3:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Guy just makes plays and actually creates TOs. He needs to be in there

Keep the kid on the field

I don't see anything Harris doing that Moore can't do. If the deciding factor is physicality in stopping the run, what Harris does in terms of inconsistently playing his assignment offsets anything he offers in physicality over Moore. Moore's the one that hit that Patriot WR so hard the WR had to leave the game. Also, the 49ers using more split safety looks than in years past has blurred the lines between free safety and strong safety. So I get why Ward is in there, he's the one with the fat contract so he is most likely here in 2021. Tartt's the one that will be a FA after this season so it's his spot that is "up for grabs". For whatever reason, the coaches currently see Harris as the replacement based off of playing time over the past couple weeks.

This....all day, this.
A lot to like about him and glad he's getting starts now and should be the starter next year. However he did the same thing yesterday that got him in trouble last year. Took a terrible angle on that huge run that was almost a TD. It was only 1 play, but a huge one. Same thing last year, was 2 bad angles, but 2 that resulted in long TDs.
  • thl408
A lot to like about him and glad he's getting starts now and should be the starter next year. However he did the same thing yesterday that got him in trouble last year. Took a terrible angle on that huge run that was almost a TD. It was only 1 play, but a huge one. Same thing last year, was 2 bad angles, but 2 that resulted in long TDs.

Saw that. I remember the one vs CIN last season too. He seems to have trouble in open space when trying to break down the ball carrier. I watched the play from yesterday again and he lost track of where his help was. He should have funneled the RB towards the middle of the field but instead lost outside leverage.

Saw that. I remember the one vs CIN last season too. He seems to have trouble in open space when trying to break down the ball carrier. I watched the play from yesterday again and he lost track of where his help was. He should have funneled the RB towards the middle of the field but instead lost outside leverage.

Yup. Poor angles or flat footed, flying in uncontrolled, whiffing on tackles and not getting his head around are the key areas he needs to work very hard on.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 30, 2020 at 9:34 AM ]
Every single coach and GM in the nfl would take Jimmy ward over any of our other Safeties
Share 49erswebzone