There are 124 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by 49ersFanCJinPA:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
I'm glad that i'm not the only one who see's Ward isn't that good.

i don't count PFF's ranking on Ward from last season too. Our safeties aren't that great.

I'm ready to move on from Tartt and Ward. Let Moore and Harris play for rest of the season, let's see what they really got.

Yup I also don't think he's that good, his production can easily be replaced. Let Moore keep the job for at least one more game to show that his play wasn't a fluke!!

I agree with getting Moore some more playing time but disagree with Harris. Marcel might be the bigger hitter but I think Tart is the better all-around player, he's a better communicator and does a good job getting everyone in the right position on the backend and just reads the field better. I'd like to see Moore and Tart together and see what they can do. We saw the dropoff last year when Tart went out and Harris was in, wasn't a issue Sunday but next week against a pass happy Seattle will be more noticeable.

It took Tartt years to learn the communication and reads.

Yeah, Tartt is a very good player though. He just doesn't make a lot of splash plays. His closing speed and open field are really good and he rarely blows assignments.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Originally posted by elguapo:
I've been banging my dick on the table for 2 years for him to start over Ward. All Ward does is arrive too late to make a play and make a nice tackle. Moore is so fast and he already matches Wards career ints. Please start him and Ward can sit on the pine and rest his little quad

Ouch!

Props to Moore for how he played today. This was a good opportunity for him to showcase his development and he stepped up to the challenge. Here's hoping he continues to impress vs a much stronger Seahawks offense next week.

It's true though right. I'm sure you guys saw the potential in this guy. The only fault he had imo was taking 2 bad angles in the bengals and Pitt game. Unlike Ward who just makes a tackle vs a pass deflection or int, Moore has the same amount of career ints (actually it might be 3 vs 2) with way way less playing. This guy is so fast and has the closing speed to make up for being slightly out of position that Ward does not. He alone caused the Pats to punt 2 after great tackles on third downs.

One fault I put on the coaching staff is the inability to start better players over safer or experienced players. Ward over Moore & Coleman over Mostert to name a few. Even Kwon over greenlaw to a degree.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Looks to have developed nicely.

Pats made everyone look like all pros on D

Except Seattle with adams and the Raiders
I'd like to see "Moore" of Tavarius going forward.
Ward' gonna get the start and make a huge mistake in the game
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Russell Wilson owns Jimmie Ward.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think Adams is playing this game.

Originally posted by pdizo916:

I concur
He got fined for that hit last week on Harry? I've rewatched that hit a few times...maybe I need to go back and watch it again. I didn't see anything blatant like helmet-to-helmet. I thought it was just a good, solid hit.

Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
He got fined for that hit last week on Harry? I've rewatched that hit a few times...maybe I need to go back and watch it again. I didn't see anything blatant like helmet-to-helmet. I thought it was just a good, solid hit.

False fine
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

False fine

This. Appeal it
Originally posted by elguapo:

I concur

Welp. Ward is playing today. Oh boy.
Moore would have made that tackle
Moore would have made that tackle

Very surprised he is not getting more run