LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 419 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This guy looks better and better everytime he touches the field. Unfortunately with such miniscule cap savings from cutting Ward in the off-season and this front offices love for Ward he's probably sticking around another year but I'd really like to see the team get this guy on the field more. He deserves more snaps.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Oct 26, 2020 at 2:01 PM ]
Both him and harris had really good games.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
This guy looks better and better everytime he touches the field. Unfortunately with such miniscule cap savings from cutting Ward in the off-season and this front offices love for Ward he's probably sticking around another year but I'd really like to see the team get this guy on the field more. He deserves more snaps.

Can move Ward to SS and trade Tartt
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
I'm glad that i'm not the only one who see's Ward isn't that good.

i don't count PFF's ranking on Ward from last season too. Our safeties aren't that great.

I'm ready to move on from Tartt and Ward. Let Moore and Harris play for rest of the season, let's see what they really got.

Verrett and E-Man give the team a couple of competent corners and all of a sudden the safeties look better. Shocking how that works.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by walker807:

i don't count PFF's ranking on Ward from last season too. Our safeties aren't that great.

I'm ready to move on from Tartt and Ward. Let Moore and Harris play for rest of the season, let's see what they really got.

Verrett and E-Man give the team a couple of competent corners and all of a sudden the safeties look better. Shocking how that works.

To be fair the regular starting softies are out so if they as a position group look better it's possibly because we're using different players there.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by walker807:

To be fair the regular starting softies are out so if they as a position group look better it's possibly because we're using different players there.

No doubt, I think Moore and Harris played really good. Not trying to discredit them, just pointing out why previous games were such a mess at times. Context is lost here pretty much always. Seemed like we had Moore down near the LOS a lot more than I would expect too and it appeared to work well.
Originally posted by Buchy:

I think wide 9 puts more emphasis in having a safety with a bigger body who can shred blocks, because the SS would be more likely be responsible for interior gaps rather than setting the edge. Surely the safeties are interchangeable one some snaps, but I don't think it is a good idea play Ward nor Moore at SS.

If Williams goes as an FA, I would want Ward to move to nickel corner and Moore in at FS.
[ Edited by DASeiler49 on Oct 26, 2020 at 4:02 PM ]
Originally posted by DASeiler49:

If Williams goes as an FA, I would Ward to move to nickel corner and Moore in at FS.

Very interesting point
I like this kid and was kinda upset he didn't surpass Ward sooner.

Originally posted by Buchy:

Thank God you're not in charge
We have 4 safeties who can play. We have 4 corners who can play. . We are the deepest team in the league
Good to see this kid getting some run. They said he was raw coming out of college but it looks like he might be finally putting it together.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yup I also don't think he's that good, his production can easily be replaced. Let Moore keep the job for at least one more game to show that his play wasn't a fluke!!
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
If Williams goes as an FA, I would want Ward to move to nickel corner and Moore in at FS.

Tried that, didn't work. Switch to safety, did better.
Share 49ersWebzone