There are 257 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
When Ward got injured, they put in Marcell Harris. That tells me they like Harris more than Moore. Unless T. Moore can show them more in the next TC. If they can't retain Ward, it's most likely Harris' job to lose.

Huh? Moore started at FS while Ward was getting healthy.
Originally posted by thl408:
I thought Moore had a few shaky moments when coming in to make the tackle. Wasn't a strong tackler, but perhaps that can be worked on. As far as ball skills, he was known for that coming out of college. I hope the staff thinks Moore can hold down a safety spot so they don't end up giving Ward a multi year deal.

Same. Would be nice to have a play making safety (getting ints) whens the last time we had one of those?
When Ward got injured, they put in Marcell Harris. That tells me they like Harris more than Moore. Unless T. Moore can show them more in the next TC. If they can't retain Ward, it's most likely Harris' job to lose.

Lol Isn't this the 2nd time you've mentioned this? Harris was never put in at FS nor is, or ever was, in the mix at FS .
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Lol Isn't this the 2nd time you've mentioned this? Harris was never put in at FS nor is, or ever was, in the mix at FS .

I swear moon said this lol
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Lol probably. I've learned to keep our conversations strictly about The Lost Boys
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
EXCUSE ME FELLASS..

Marcell Harris started on the Saints game because Tartt was hurt.... I never said he started over Ward... but I will also NOT deny that I believe Marcell is better than Moore..

... and I did also say that Marcell should be tried at the FS position before the season started because I remember when he was at Florida and how the commentator mentioned that he was recruited as a FS but he got hurt early..
  • Kyzen

Lol probably. I've learned to keep our conversations strictly about The Lost Boys

Where did you guys say Star is at these days?

Sorry I messed up. Marcell came in for Tartt later in the season. And I thought they had moved Ward to play more of the strong safety when Marcell came in...

Sorry I messed up. Marcell came in for Tartt later in the season. And I thought they had moved Ward to play more of the strong safety when Marcell came in...

Ha np was getting concerned this might have legs lol
And sorry moon
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 20, 2020 at 8:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Kyzen:

Entourage and modern family around 2011. She still looked good

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
EXCUSE ME FELLASS..

Marcell Harris started on the Saints game because Tartt was hurt.... I never said he started over Ward... but I will also NOT deny that I believe Marcell is better than Moore..

... and I did also say that Marcell should be tried at the FS position before the season started because I remember when he was at Florida and how the commentator mentioned that he was recruited as a FS but he got hurt early..

C'mon now

Hopefully they both make a big leap this off season under the new DB coach, give them more reps in preseason, take it from there
EXCUSE ME FELLASS..

Let's put it this way. I week 1 of this past season, Moore was starting and Harris was on the practice squad. That tells you if the coaches agree with you.
Originally posted by Kyzen:

In my bed on top of me
He's going to be the starter IMHO, unless Ward tests FA again and doesn't get any takers and comes back.

I think the mere fact he played in the Superbowl so much speaks to their trust in him and his growth/development. And he delivered. He'll learn from the Kelce TD as well. That's simply technique/mental.

I rewatched week 1 of the coaches film: this was his first start as a FS
--- His range is ridiculous (effortless speed; like Mostert)
--- We were playing a lot of single-high so he was the true Eraser and C2; but rotated down a lot with Tartt (interchangeable all game long). He was surprisingly good in the box (first one there and making tackles at times).
--- Came down hill from 20+ yards to keep a busted-through run to only 5 yards and his speed saved two more rushing TD's where the RB broke through (back to back late in the 4Q)...lead to a FG instead (20-17 instead of down 21-20 with 4 minutes to go)
--- Many times essentially, the 4th LB in the box lined up side-by-side
--- His instincts are very good esp. in the RZ where it's tighter quarters; right on the receivers hip
--- Ball-hawk. Long arms + good instincts = near pick-6 in the EZ on a 4th and 2 from the 2 (dropped it though)
--- J.Winston was always looking deep (nothing there); pulled the ball down a lot and then the pressure got there
--- Came on an edge blitz and blasted Winston in the face. LOL. Turned the corner (dip) well too
--- Saw one potential miscommunication with Tartt on a deeper route
--- Reckless body-tackler; absolutely needs to learn how to form tackle instead of going for the knock-out blow; comes flying in head down limbs flailing (puts himself in position to get hurt). He played more controlled after the first blown body tackle
--- A couple times as a deep Eraser, his first instinct was to back-peddle which cost him (still made the tackle but those false steps are the difference between giving up a first down and a pick-6)

Other notes:
--- Ford split even time with AA, even on base downs; true rotation (41 snaps or 59% / Armstead 47 snaps or 67%). Beast
--- Witherspoon and Alexander were insanely good and brimming with confidence
--- Goodwin's speed made a huge difference esp. for Kittle
--- Mostert showed his explosiveness (sign of things to come)
--- Deebo showed versatility and fearlessness in slants and YAC (sign of things to come)
--- Moseley & Greenlaw showed up big on ST and Dime (sign of things to come)
--- Cheetah was electric (on his series) but Coleman was Kyle's go-to guy to start the game (sign of things to come)
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 22, 2020 at 8:02 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
EXCUSE ME FELLASS..

Let's put it this way. I week 1 of this past season, Moore was starting and Harris was on the practice squad. That tells you if the coaches agree with you.

DIDN'T know Marcell was on the Practice Squad this year at all.. uhmmm... are you serious??

... and how do you feel about COLEMAN starting OVER Mostert, do you AGREE with the coaches ???
Share 49ersWebzone